Active Topics

 



Notices


Reply
Thread Tools
Posts: 1,701 | Thanked: 1,703 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#301
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
Speaking of kernel : as pointed by Aga4io on TJC, Sony has has released kernel 4.4 based firmware on which all features are working.
ohh yeahhhhhhhh. ill happily build it but I don't have a spare sony x to test
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 736 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
#302
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
ohh yeahhhhhhhh. ill happily build it but I don't have a spare sony x to test
My (Sailfish X-flashed) Sony Xperia isn't used in production (yet. I'm still waiting for a few Sailfish X fixes before putting my Jolla 1 into retirement) and would happily volunteer as a sacrificial lamb to test potential new kernels.

I just completely lack free time to compile them myself now.

BTW, did you find a way around Sony's MSM platform kernel drivers failing to compile when module support activated ?
 

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,701 | Thanked: 1,703 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#303
Originally Posted by DrYak View Post
My (Sailfish X-flashed) Sony Xperia isn't used in production (yet. I'm still waiting for a few Sailfish X fixes before putting my Jolla 1 into retirement) and would happily volunteer as a sacrificial lamb to test potential new kernels.

I just completely lack free time to compile them myself now.

BTW, did you find a way around Sony's MSM platform kernel drivers failing to compile when module support activated ?
nahh but they were for stuff like F2FS that isn't used and can be disabled. but would be nice to fix.
 

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 169 | Thanked: 736 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
#304
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
nahh but they were for stuff like F2FS that isn't used and can be disabled.
Well F2FS isn't used much by the Sailfish X base installation, but (on TMO and TJC at least) it looks like it's currently the go-to SDXC card format.
(A tiny bit more popular then UDF, probably because nobody want to do the tricks to make it cross platform on both Mac OS X and Windows).

Keep me posted when you have something to test.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Mara's Avatar
Posts: 1,291 | Thanked: 718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
#305
I have got my Xperia X and waiting on a good chance to flash it to Sailfish. So far it does not seem very clear how to proceed?

It seems that this community build should become similar/same as the official build with exception of the Exchange and AD support. If that is the case, then the official flashing method for SailfishX should work for this community build as well? I also recall reading that the official build doesn't have the Exchange and AD binaries built in the image anyway, so why the official build is not then available to everyone. (I cannot buy the official version because it is not available for my country.)

I probably wait things to settle before trying to flash my new XperiaX...
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 392 | Thanked: 707 times | Joined on Aug 2014
#306
Not quite sure what answer you want here as others in your predicament have used Opera web browser which comes with a built-in free VPN service with servers in Germany and Netherlands to obtain official build.

The last build released by community member had to have a different partition setup to allow usage official flashing method, but had various issues such as sensors not working:http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=284
 

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,701 | Thanked: 1,703 times | Joined on Dec 2010
#307
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
I have got my Xperia X and waiting on a good chance to flash it to Sailfish. So far it does not seem very clear how to proceed?

It seems that this community build should become similar/same as the official build with exception of the Exchange and AD support. If that is the case, then the official flashing method for SailfishX should work for this community build as well? I also recall reading that the official build doesn't have the Exchange and AD binaries built in the image anyway, so why the official build is not then available to everyone. (I cannot buy the official version because it is not available for my country.)

I probably wait things to settle before trying to flash my new XperiaX...
yes the official method should work here as well
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Mara's Avatar
Posts: 1,291 | Thanked: 718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
#308
aspergerguy, the workaround (Opera with proxy) lets me get to the "BUY" phase but the payment is then not possible saying there is no available payment methods for this combination of currency, location and whatnot...

I have managed to get my XperiaX bootloader unlocked now. First I tried to get it done using Windows 10 but getting the fastboot USB-drivers to install manually didn't work. (The method described in Jolla site.) I ended up dual booting to Elementary Linux where the unlocking phase worked without a hitch!

EDIT: I got the Win10 drivers to load. Had to do the windows reboot/startup troubleshooting trick and disable driver signing. In addition I had to copy additional INF file from "downloadinf_v1.01" and copy it into same directory where the Sony fastboot drivers were unzipped.

Last edited by Mara; 2017-11-19 at 15:52. Reason: Followup on Win10 drivers
 

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Posts: 442 | Thanked: 573 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
#309
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
aspergerguy, the workaround (Opera with proxy) lets me get to the "BUY" phase but the payment is then not possible saying there is no available payment methods for this combination of currency, location and whatnot...
On Opera, I remember having to play around with the proxy VPN country (I think it was either Germany or the Netherlands, I don't remember which one). After which, a Travelex Money Card (https://www.travelex.com/travel-money-card) was accepted without issue.
 

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Mara's Avatar
Posts: 1,291 | Thanked: 718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
#310
I gave it a first shot to flash Sailfish on my new XperiaX using the latest community build image. Unfortunately it did not work.

I tried first the windows method (flash.bat) but it seems the bat file has some issues and doesn't work. I manually executed the steps on the bat file in terminal window and everything seemed to go fine.

Code:
F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash boot hybris-boot.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot' (10846 KB)...
OKAY [  0.354s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.075s]
finished. total time: 0.435s

F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash system fimage.img001
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.983s]
sending sparse 'system' 1/2 (524284 KB)...
OKAY [ 18.141s]
writing 'system' 1/2...
OKAY [  3.845s]
sending sparse 'system' 2/2 (44832 KB)...
OKAY [  1.582s]
writing 'system' 2/2...
OKAY [  0.323s]
finished. total time: 24.885s

F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash userdata sailfish.img001
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  0.542s]
sending sparse 'userdata' 1/1 (0 KB)...
OKAY [  0.013s]
writing 'userdata' 1/1...
OKAY [  0.011s]
finished. total time: 0.571s

F:\SONY\SailfishOS-2.1.2.3-f5121-0.0.1+master.20170125170904.537a491.15>fastboot flash oem xperiax_m_loire.img
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'oem' (163040 KB)...
OKAY [  5.297s]
writing 'oem'...
OKAY [ 21.028s]
finished. total time: 26.329s
After restart the phone entered to bootloop (shows SONY logo and restarts endlessly).

The only difference is that I did shorten the Sony OEM blob file name... This should have nothing to do with this? There are several versions of the Sony OEM blob files available. I used the one that was mentioned in the instructions.

I was able to recover it back to Android using the EMMA tool. It flashed back slightly older version (228) while the version before was 344 if I recall.

I retried flashing after the EMMA tool recovery but I still get the bootloop. This time I can't even get the EMMA to recognize the phone any more... so I'll need to recover it using the fastboot only.

One interesting point I noted with EMMA: It can not be used in the fastboot mode (blue LED after holding volume up key up) but only in "standard mode" showing green LED...

EDIT: Now I'm seeing the userdata size being 0... that's probably the issue...

EDIT2: For testing I flashed the fimage.img001 to the userdata and it worked. Trying again to flash the sailfish.img001 to the userdata shows 0 size, so for some reason the fastboot don't like the sailfish.img001 file. (File size too big? corrupted?)

Last edited by Mara; 2017-11-19 at 20:06.
 

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools

 
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:53.