Active Topics

Originally Posted by r0gu View Post
Also got this "Data Storage full. Free up some space first" problem. This is very strange since I haven't changed anything for over half a year and the Google Calendar sync via CalDav has worked very well thus far.
Same here, it's really annoying me, I have tried lots fo solutions, nothing seems to work.

Anyone got a permanent fix? Is it just Google or could I use iCloud and it will work? I'm currently clearing it with Drop Cache and syncing my calendar less, but that's hardly a solution. Never had this before 1.3

Last edited by scaramanga89; 2012-09-06 at 11:58.

Login as root in the terminal and run the following command when you see this and copy the output:

df -h

this will tells us which partition is actually full.

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
Originally Posted by r0gu View Post
Also got this "Data Storage full. Free up some space first" problem. This is very strange since I haven't changed anything for over half a year and the Google Calendar sync via CalDav has worked very well thus far.
I also started seeing this problem (again) in the last few days, after months of no issues.

My solution is always to delete the CalDAV accounts (all Google CalDAV calendars in my case) on the N9 and recreate them.

I suppose that it's possible that Google Calendar was having temporary issues. I also happen to have an N950 (running ~ PR1.2), and it started having problems with the CalDAV accounts around the same time.

I also have an MfE calendar on my phone, but I've found that the CalDAV accounts always (seem) to be the problem.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by slvr32 View Post
I also started seeing this problem (again) in the last few days, after months of no issues.
Same situation here, using both caldav and mfe. It started right after my battery ran out and my phone shut down, so at first i thought that had something to do with it. But reading the other comments here it sounds more like a generic problem with the sync service...

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by scaramanga89 View Post
I'm currently clearing it with Drop Cache
I don't see how that would help, nevertheless I tried & it did nothing.
Only solutions seem to be: (1) delete the account/s & recreate OR (2) power-off/power-on

and syncing my calendar less
Yeah mine is quite frequent, 30min peak & 2hr off-peak, peak: 8am-630pm M-F.
I might try dialling it down, but I doubt it'll make much difference.

Never had this before 1.3
Users have been getting it since at least PR1.2, see earlier posts in this thread.

Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
df -h
this will tells us which partition is actually full.
Tried that, nothing seems to be full...

I also have an MfE calendar on my phone, but I've found that the CalDAV accounts always (seem) to be the problem.
Thanks for confirming that you have no issues with MfE calendars.

We all seem to have hit this again around the same time, this kicked-in for me roughly 5-days ago, cant recall exactly, but it'd be about that.
And we're all using Google CALDAV, so something on the server side is triggering a bug in the N9's CALDAV implementation...
Deleting our CALDAV account/s, re-entering our login details & the generic CALDAV URL (& 1st using the iPhone selector tool) seems to fix it, as does power-cycling.
Not a big issue, so long as it doesn't become more frequent....

*EDIT*
Actually the best fix still seems to be the delete/re-create process...
A power-cycle restores normal syncing, but secondary calendar/s that come off your main login calendar are duplicated in the calendar app, & you can't delete them.
*EDIT 2*
If you've used the power-cycle "fix", power-cycling once more does not seem to fix the duplication that occurs in the calendar app.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-09-08 at 16:41. Reason: updates

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
[...]
We all seem to have hit this again around the same time, this kicked-in for me roughly 5-days ago, cant recall exactly, but it'd be about that.
And we're all using Google CALDAV, so something on the server side is triggering a bug in the N9's CALDAV implementation...
Deleting our CALDAV account/s, re-entering our login details & the generic CALDAV URL (& 1st using the iPhone selector tool) seems to fix it, as does power-cycling.
Not a big issue, so long as it doesn't become more frequent....

*EDIT*
Actually the best fix still seems to be the delete/re-create process...
A power-cycle restores normal syncing, but secondary calendar/s that come off your main login calendar are duplicated in the calendar app, & you can't delete them.
*EDIT 2*
If you've used the power-cycle "fix", power-cycling once more does not seem to fix the duplication that occurs in the calendar app.
I agree that the problem seemed to surface just in the last ~ 5 days or so.

Unfortunately, the issue seems to return after a few hours, or even sooner; I have a few calendars set to sync every hour.

Up until ~ 5 days ago, I was reliably syncing 1 MfE calendar, and 5 CalDAV calendars split between 2 Google accounts... for the past several months.

I've noticed that sub-calendars under the Google CalDAV accounts seem to periodically disappear, or don't show up when going through the delete/recreate account process, or disappear when you go into the account settings to check if the calendars are still listed... and I'm assuming that this disappearing calendars issue is what causes the error.

This is starting to feel like a 'Google changed something that broke the touchy N9/N950/Harmattan CalDAV syncing' issue that might be the new normal... ouch.

Just found this...

http://productforums.google.com/foru...ar/fiTpjmREcJ4

I also just posted a new topic at... http://productforums.google.com/foru...ar/Mra09inJj-o since the previous topic was closed.

Last edited by slvr32; 2012-09-09 at 02:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to slvr32 For This Useful Post:
I Started seeing the message around the same time too, I Find that my deleted items get quite built up and that I have to go to the folder and delete again to make them really disappear off the phone. Then the data storage messages stopped

Well actually, I Cleaned my feeds too by clearing them from the home screen, so maybe it was a combination of both

Last edited by Ynohtna; 2012-09-09 at 06:31.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Unfortunately, the issue seems to return after a few hours, or even sooner; I have a few calendars set to sync every hour..
Arggh, I've just noticed this too, the acct recreation no longer fixes it, it was working the several times I tried before going to bed, but it seem to have cropped-up again just now!

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Arggh, I've just noticed this too, the acct recreation no longer fixes it, it was working the several times I tried before going to bed, but it seem to have cropped-up again just now!
Same here.