Posts: 468 | Thanked: 775 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hereford, England
Hi,
I have a problem that I can't find anywhere else. My N900 touch screen has a mind of it's own. The top left hand corner of the screen is the worst. I touch on the web icon and the whole desktop screen moves to the right. when I unlock the device, it slects the settings wheel in the top right corner and then brings up the crosses on the apps to delete them, all by itself. It has been back for repair but all I can see that has been done is a reflash which I could have done myself. At the moment, there is nothing on my device (no music, no apps from devel or testing, or even extras). This is driving me crazy. It renders the device useless. I think maybe it needs a new screen or it has a loose connection. I haven't dropped it but do have a screen protector on. Has anyone had a problem like this. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on. Any suggestions. Thanks.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
reflash fiasco (rootfs), eMMC and then the firmware

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Maybe this is a bit obvious..but have you tried calibrating it?

Yeah, tried that already, thanks anyway pantera1989. gabby131, have now flashed fiasco and emmc and seems to be working for now so thanks for the heads-up.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
hmmmm maybe try to reboot first

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

similar thing happened to mine and a reflash temporarily sorted it before it started it again, sent it back and got a replacement as they couldn't fix it.

The Following User Says Thank You to flameboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 374 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Your digitizer screen part (above the trlcd) is dying. Mine is already dead, i ordered a new one. Take it to the nokia repair center, they will replace your n900 device.

The Following User Says Thank You to taril For This Useful Post:
Hi'
Just wanted to thank everyone for replying and also post results, so that if anyone else has a similar problem, they have a point of reference. After re-flashing fiasco and emmc, this temporarily fixed the problem, but in the end, it was a faulty screen. So contacted supplier (again) and now have a brand new N900 on the way! Relief to have a working N900 on the way (hopefully)

The Following User Says Thank You to bigears5000 For This Useful Post: