Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by helex View Post
Yes, porting was easy, but I had a lot of problems to puplish it on their store without the needed hardware to do the testing
Yeah, that was quite annoying. Funny thing is that my app passed the Store QA even though it was not even starting (crashed at startup because it couldn't find the libraries). That was much easier to fix once I had received the tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by helex View Post
QNX is not Linux, it sounds to me very closed and there is no terminal.
last time I messed with QNX

waaaay back with one of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3Com_Audrey

with a little added libs from a full QNX distro, could easily get a terminal

Last edited by quipper8; 2012-05-10 at 21:18.

What is wrong really in Android with Python and Qt?

Android is at least based on Linux kernel and has huge userspace. Android has powerful devices and also devices for 3rd world countries and people who doesn't have so much money. Also open source Cyanogen Android is like power-kernel and CSSU for N900.

I think Android will be the winner, no matter what. It just could be possible to tune Android ecosystem to some desired directions if there is motivated developers.

...huge userspace...

Originally Posted by ombre View Post
Why should we be concerned?
It's only good, since the Harmattan is close sourced in the UI so that we cannot develop on top of it, and Nokia has basically axed its development (more or less, we'll see), I don't se a reason why RIM shouldn't use this innovation (=copy) and use it in their new OS.

If you behave like a stupid then the outcome is just a consequence of your bad behavior.
I really do not see how you have read my comment as a cause for concern or where I made any reference to the Harmattan UI?

Now I have been following the BBX development for quite some time now and will admit to being very impressed with RIMs work so far. If you watch the YouTube vids that showcase their BB10 development you will see how they have taken influence from Android and WebOS along with their existing OS and HTML5 examples to come up with an OS that has a lot of promise. And now that RIM has announced Qt support too, you can colour me impressed yet again.

As for the last part of your comment, I can only assume that English is not your first language? To "behave like stupid"... what? Are you inferring that I am stupid is this just poor translation?

The Following User Says Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
As non-native speaker, I'd assume it was:
like a stupid {person does} then the outcome is...

Nothing personal

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Cheers szopin, I still do not see the reference but hey, I ain't going to lose any sleep over it. Contrary to popular belief, teh internetz is not serious business

Well unless you are Google that is. Haha

He wasn't insulting you, just taking a jab at NOK, sheesh...

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Yeah, that was quite annoying. Funny thing is that my app passed the Store QA even though it was not even starting (crashed at startup because it couldn't find the libraries). That was much easier to fix once I had received the tablet.
Oh, cool! Same here.

My app ClipManLite passed the QA despite it seems to wont start because of a write protection for database files. At least regarding the bad reviews. But I use only SQLite as a database in the Memory, not as a file. Will look into it at the real hardware.

I wonder if the apps at the store are ever tested?!

Please DONATE if you like my work!
It's the best way to motivate me to create more stuff for your Device.

The Following User Says Thank You to helex For This Useful Post: