Notices

Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Is it possible to adopt this idea using your native code?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56129

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
w00t, if you're going qwerty only, I'd ask that you leave the T9 version in the code so that when I or someone else becomes capable of working on the T9 version, we can make both available.

As for browser bugs, I know you're busy, I was just getting irked by others complaining about them when my first post in the thread detailed them, and I knew you or someone else would fix it eventually - so I kinda responded hostilely to the last guy to mention them. I wasn't complaining about them at you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by devu View Post
Is it possible to adopt this idea using your native code?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=56129
Realistically: not with Maemo5, alas. Not without a lot of smart people and a bucketload of time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
so I kinda responded hostilely to the last guy to mention them. I wasn't complaining about them at you.
No hostility taken. I was just (generally, to everyone) noting that they will get attention.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Installed it yesterday - yes, there is some work to be done but it's absolutely worth it.

Have you considered adding extra layouts some time later? I'd love an option to switch between English and Russian - otherwise it doesn't make much sense for those who use non-latin characters.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Oleg, I am Russian too, so I get the inconvenience of not having any language but English by default, but I am sure that when this thing is close to finalized, writing plug-ins to this plug-in to allow for other languages should be the easy part. Someone has to arrange the keyboard, and tie the plug-in to the rest of Maemo's language-relevant parts, but that should be it as I understand it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 39 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Russia, Moscow
Oh, good. Now I see how it works, thanks for that.

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I'd still like to see T9
Hear here! Vote+1 for this

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Realistically: not with Maemo5, alas. Not without a lot of smart people and a bucketload of time.
Actually, maybe the need for T9 could be avoided if a tap-hold-slide could be implemented for letter picking.. e.g. tap and hold the 5, slide thumb all the way to the left of the screen for J up to about about 25%, K is 25 - 50%, L is 50% to 75% and 5 is 75 - 100%

Is something like that doable? I really don't think I'll find a portrait qwerty that useful because I have serious problems pressing the correct buttons on the genuine Nokia landscape keyboard due to the size of my thumbs.. a 2abc 3def dial pad is usable though..

There were other input methods that appeared on older nokia phones like KeyStick: http://www.symbianone.com/content/view/1203/84/ - i don't know if thinking about something radical like these would also be an option for easier one handed big thumb text entry?

Last edited by cjard; 2010-06-15 at 10:52.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
I'm bowing (er... kneeling) too, but you can see it...

Orz

Random text : Once upon a time, I ate.
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Tags
hit and run, worthless