Active Topics

hi.
I wanted to know if anyone can let me know various websites that i can find free apps to use with garnet through my nokia n810.

it would be gladly appreciated.
i know before it said thousands of apps can be used with garnet but i have yet to fiind any.
so this information would be helpful

thank you in advance.

jacexxx

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
PalmGear used to be the place for everything. Now they've been rolled up into PocketGear.com which handles both PPC and Palm OS apps. But in the process they seem to have lost any interest in carrying freeware. Palm.com does have a lot of applications, but once again, the freeware pickens are slim. FreewarePalm.com seems to be updated and have a lot of useful applications though, so perhaps all is not lost.

It's been a long time since I was part of the Palm scene, but if PalmGear is really gone, then Palm really lost a huge resource. That place was great because they had the latest software and they didn't try to sell you everything. What was PocketGear thinking getting rid of the freeware? Now they've lost 90% of their traffic! Anyway, sorry for the rant.

The Following User Says Thank You to weatherman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
As Weatherman already said, PalmGear used to be a great resource but they've recently quit offering freeware - and unfortunately that means that if you Google for a particular freeware app a lot of the links are also dead Some alternatives are Handango, MyTreo.net, PalmInfoCenter.com, and I recommend Freeware-Palm.com instead (a lot less annoying than freewarepalm.com IMHO).

If you have something in particular that you're looking for let me know... I've got quite a large collection of Palm apps. I haven't been able to officially try them out on my N810 yet because I'm not allowed to touch it until Xmas. I'd be happy to share what I've got or at least might be able to point you in the right direction.

The Following User Says Thank You to PinCushionQueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
You can also try download.com & versiontracker.com.

-T.

Last edited by timsamoff; 2007-12-08 at 18:46.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
I recommend Freeware-Palm.com instead (a lot less annoying than freewarepalm.com IMHO).
I'm trying to download from freeware-palm.com but always get redirected to pocketgear.com and unable to get the files...Should I need to register or Am I doing something dumb?

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Originally Posted by akd View Post
I'm trying to download from freeware-palm.com but always get redirected to pocketgear.com and unable to get the files...Should I need to register or Am I doing something dumb?
My apologies It appears that a lot of the links at freeware-palm are pointing to PalmGear. Darn that PalmGear! Ok so forget what I said about that site. I guess I haven't been downloading much for my Palm lately. The other sites should still be OK.

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ somewhere in the far south
no problemo!

Tags
garnet, palm