Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Vienna
Originally Posted by cjsegninir View Post
I tried both and its just the same... ScummVM is one of the best things I have in my N900

The only problem I have is that I don't know how to access the menu after being in the game, bringing two big problems:
1) I can't save on request (I only rely on the autosave)
2) I can't close/minimize the game (I have to press power button to get the game minimized, and then click the X)

Cheers.
Ctrl + m helps. It's mentioned in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to goemb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
Is there anything preventing ScummVM from landing in extra-testing?
- some people reported crashes with Day of Tentacle
- there needs to be short manual/readme with list of games with maemo specific keymaping, would be a bit hard to test without knowing the mapping
- scummvm 1.1.0 is coming soon (end of March hopefully)

but all of them are just excuses for the real reason - me being lazy

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
anyone figure out how to input codes in gobliiins?

Is there a wiki page for ScummVM on N900?

If not, I would suggest adding one. And everybody could help documenting whatever he or she knows about it: how to install, shortcuts, workarounds, etc...

The Following User Says Thank You to soeiro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Good idea. Feel free to Be Bold and start one yourself.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
Is there a wiki page for ScummVM on N900?
There was but then they moved from Midgard to MediaWiki and I haven't updated it since then. The old copy (any formatting is lost) is still here
http://maemo.org/community/wiki-closed/ScummVM/

And actually since the 0.11 version the Maemo port is part of official ScummVM project so it was suggested to me to make any such page directly in ScummVM wiki

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Platforms ==> http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Maemo

But still if anyone wants to make such page in Maemo wiki, please do so. I will definitely update it too and eventually move it to scummvm.org later and put a link in the maemo.org one.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
It seems to me that http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Maemo should be the "official" wiki page. Someone could create a small page on wiki.maemo.org that points to the http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Maemo page, to help people who search on wiki.maemo.org for ScummVM, but it probably shouldn't suplicate too much information, for ease of updating.

Last edited by pelago; 2010-03-10 at 17:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Great job on the ScummVM port! I've been trying out several games on the N900 and while there are minor issues, all games have been playable and completable (although sometimes with workarounds). I do realize it's still in progress, but hey, here are some things I've found out while trying it out.

First off, is there any documentation on N900 specific key bindings? After much trial and error I've found most I need, but it would be nice with a reference. I've been browsing the wiki here and at scummvm.org, but have not found anything specific on the subject.

Full Throttle works like a charm, with some issues at the bike fight section. Swapping weapons works sometimes, in the end I just used the shift-v trick, as I've done it before and controlling the bike in that section was pure murder. After getting the cavefish(?) goggles the game would hang in a loop of constantly putting the goggles on, something that seemed to have something to do with the weapon swapping issue, as the problem went away when I stopped trying to swap weapons and just cheated.
Something to do with Fn/Ctrl/Shift buttons + click? I had huge issues recreating the problem as it was pretty random and I just wanted to get past that awful section.

My main past time this last week have been dusting off Discworld and trying out the enhanced music package. Here we have a wee bit more issues, such as losing mouse control, pointer issues and crashes.
The biggest issue is the fact that Discworld seems to register mouse clicks before moving the pointer to the new location, even when dragging the stylus. This results in Rincewind moving to the wrong place unless you double tap or shift tap (right click) to force the pointer to update. This means you need to be really tricky or aware in certain sections, as Rincewind can move out through a door if you're unaware. At one point I was stuck moving across L-space over and over again (a cut-scene of half a minute) before finding the shift workaround (and that shift-backspace was the same as escape, eg. skipping cut-scenes).
After changing scenes or exiting a cut-scene the game rarely locks the mouse when I was a bit hasty to tap around. No biggie, I could still open the menu, save and restart the game.
<SPOILER ALERT> At a certain point in the game you blow off a powder keg in the face of a chimney sweeper, having his golden tool drop into the luggage. After the keg goes off in his face, the scene swaps to the alley with Rincewind and the luggage and after a few seconds the sweep falls down. Everytime I came to this part of the game it crashed, until I realized it was because of me tapping the screen before I regained control (after the luggage eats the sweep). No biggie, still playable. </SPOILER>

Besides game specific things we have the issue with the menu not displaying properly sometimes on start-up (it's just black with the maemo action bar at the top side), until the game is minimized and maximized again.
Fullscreen is not really fullscreen, but rather 90% centred on the screen. Is there any way to change the resolution in a settings file? Does the source code have to be modified?
Whenever minimizing a game, for ecample due to Ctrl-backspace, the game keeps running without pausing or muting. Now, I've unfortunately not received any phone calls while using ScummVM, but any outgoing call mutes ScummVM, although does not pause it.

Great job on the program, nevertheless! I really enjoy playing my old classics on foot and these issues are only minor annoyances. ;)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to theslof For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by theslof View Post
The biggest issue is the fact that Discworld seems to register mouse clicks before moving the pointer to the new location, even when dragging the stylus.
This is something I've noticed in DOSBox too, so it might be a SDL issue after all... not consistent though.

What should I set the audio parameters to for say... day of the tentacle or any other (yet similar) lucasart games? What about the voices?