Active Topics

Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
Hello Friends Here is the Link where NDTV INDIA had an exclusive interview with the Nokia top managment.... Please read for the Future of Nokia and Microsoft!

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/shownews.asp...69260&Sec=NEWS

I guess it goodbye Meego too!

Last edited by Siddarth; 2011-02-11 at 19:33. Reason: title change

Nokia is dead meat

"with 90 percent of current Windows Phone 7 customer saying they would recommend it to others" -- just wondering how many WP7 customers are there now?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheve For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
smart move to save the company i guess, not happy about people losing jobs though

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by cheve View Post
"with 90 percent of current Windows Phone 7 customer saying they would recommend it to others" -- just wondering how many WP7 customers are there now?
90% of the 90% work for Microsoft or hold shares in Microsoft!!! (they did the survey outside the store opposite Microsofts head office)

Last edited by fraaaaanka; 2011-02-11 at 20:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
"As soon as we have something to announce, we will, but we expect significant volumes of Nokia Windows Phones in 2012."

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tissot View Post
"As soon as we have something to announce, we will, but we expect significant volumes of Nokia Windows Phones in 2012."

Speechless.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

How much of a WP7 handset would be selling at? The win o/s is NOT free; so that has to be factor into the price of the handset. Nokia exchanges the short up-front o/s development cost with a long-term never ending/ever increasing o/s cost. Nokia can have significant volumes of WP7 set made; but the issue is whether they could be sold at a profitable price.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post

How will a Nokia WP7 device differ from any other OEM? With Symbian and Maemo/MeeGo they offered something different and functional. Only complaints I ever heard about Symbian were in the media, Engadget, Gizmodo, Eldar, but mostly American media. Most my girlfriend love using Symbian. N8 has sold double the amount of all WP7 devices combined, and it's only one manufacturer. Why throw away all efforts, if Elop wanted to be efficient and please shareholders, he could have just slapped Maemo 5 on an OMAP 3630 with 512mb ram. The code is there and can suffice untill MeeGo is at a 100% state. I smell MS socks in Nokia HQ since Flop's arrival. Dumbest CEO ever, he should really be pleased of ruining a giant like Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 107 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ India . Mumbai
A curse for Ditching Maemo users!

Tags
crybabies, what a douche