Notices

Thanks again.

I shall work with N9QT you suggested a bit more. Seems very good app although a little scary for someone like me with no tech skills. hmm.....If only I can get a period sign when I double space as in an iPhone, that'll make life so much easier. May be there is a tweak for that already...

Last edited by gbrm; 2014-04-27 at 02:41.

Hello again - Guess, my N9's happy state lasted only a day or so. Suddenly, it stopped turning on, similar to the thread here (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85954), although mine just shows Nokia logo, and then darkness. Press power again, Nokia logo with vibration happens, and then darkness. I am searching for a potential fix as we speak, just thought I'll raise here in case someone knows a fix here. Many thanks...

Last edited by gbrm; 2014-04-28 at 06:50.

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Australia
Goodness me. Again?
1:
Did you have fonts installed?
2:
Did you do any tweaks with n9qt that could have messed with it?

Yes, I followed everything. Fonts installed first before applying theme. Not much except for H 2, and prior to that K I think.

I am currently following the thread I linked plus
http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing_N9
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85596&page=2

to see if I can survive without flashing, or worst case flash.

Have learnt so much these last few days, amazing really. Worst case, I hope flash will work as my phone is stuck with a wrench icon. It has high battery prior to this problem, so not sure that's the cause. Will keep posted.

At least that way, I'll flash and reinstall ios7 and N9QT, and take it from there. Hoping really...

Hmm. It doesn't sound like a theme issue as such if its just the stock without modifications. 3100 people have installed it, 2 have had issues afterwards
Flash is probably the best option, and if you want to get rid of the wrench icon just use this:
Code:
flasher --disable-rd-mode

Thanks, Yes, it worked just fine for more than 24 hours, so something else must have caused it. It started with the phone app not working which made me turn off and on... And it never booted back.

Just finished downloading and flashing now. Did not disable R&D mode prior to starting flash. Should I?

It shouldn't be an issue.

Great, thanks. I manage to rescue it, took a lot of effort though. Had to reinstall everyhtng from scratch but most of my user data was kept. At least, phone is back!

One issue - I have a dark background on home/apps launcher etc... Any idea how to fix?

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by gbrm View Post
Great, thanks. I manage to rescue it, took a lot of effort though. Had to reinstall everyhtng from scratch but most of my user data was kept. At least, phone is back!

One issue - I have a dark background on home/apps launcher etc... Any idea how to fix?
Home Screen Settings app - It's on the store

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Thanks mate. I had that app before but uninstalled as it was supposed to clash with N9QT. Now I cant even download anything from App store. The store was playing up yday all day, and now again!

Is there any other alternative? I see a tweak in N9QT, however, it is asking for specific picture dimensions which I dont know how to get.

Thanks.