Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
:'( ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

every other mobile OS ive ever seen uses the cellular data to download MMS, even when wifi is turned on. (android/ios/maemo/meego/tizen)

this bug was posted SIX years ago:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...-wifi-enabled/
@N77 and @wolke what is your provider?
Can you show your mms apn settings?

Last edited by atlochowski; 2020-05-04 at 08:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
About MMS and Vodafone in The Netherlands: on the Jolla 1 it appeared I could not receive MMS messages. Contacting their helpdesk learned that their system had classified it as "an unknown telephone, probably not capable of receiving MMS". I made them change their classification, and from then I could receive MMS normally.

This happened a couple of times, every time I changed my main phone. Call your provider, to be sure.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
If the settings are wrong, they are wrong independent of cellular data or WiFi is used.
Here it seems to be about inability to receive/send when connected to WLAN.
That looks like packets are routed wrong way.
--edit
Oh, and you do/should NOT need any data enabled (neither cellular nor data) but need at least GPRS (cell data) availability. As the traffic is sent/received via a completely different APN. Which activates (should activate) on its own.
Talking that I mean Symbian/Maemo/MeeGo times. How Sailfish handles I do not know. But I do hope this has not changed!?

@rob_kouw
but then you should be informed via a SMS that there is something to download on a web site? At least it was that way when I dealt with fMMS on N900.
Cannot remember to have used MMS on Sailfish...

Bu what I also remember is that you needed to have sent one MMS from that phone/SIM to activate the receiving.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2020-05-04 at 11:49.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
[...] on the Jolla 1 it appeared I could not receive MMS messages. Contacting their helpdesk learned that their system had classified it as "an unknown telephone, probably not capable of receiving MMS". I made them change their classification, and from then I could receive MMS normally.

This happened a couple of times, every time I changed my main phone. Call your provider, to be sure.
Just send an MMS, and you can spare calling the provider.

Most provides require this as a proof that a specific device can handle MMS, before delivering MMSs to that device.

BTW, this a a classic, mentioned at TJC multiple times.

Last edited by olf; 2020-05-04 at 17:58.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
There is a thread here called: "Sailfish MMS problems - T-Mobile USA".

I used "deprecated" suggested settings on page 2 for T-Mobile.
"Works every time, just not when you're on WiFi exclusively, or on a VPN.", as he says.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to N77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by N77 View Post
There is a thread here called: "Sailfish MMS problems - T-Mobile USA".

I used "deprecated" suggested settings on page 2 for T-Mobile.
"Works every time, just not when you're on WiFi exclusively, or on a VPN.", as he says.
If you give me working settings I will make PR to update file with MMS APN settings. After that "Reset to default" will be getting good APN values in future SFOS releases.

have you tried this settings? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...d-apn-settings

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
If you give me working settings I will make PR to update file with MMS APN settings. After that "Reset to default" will be getting good APN values in future SFOS releases.

have you tried this settings? https://www.t-mobile.com/support/dev...d-apn-settings
T-Mobile, USA:

T-Mobile APN
epc.t-mobile.com
Dual
Auth: None

T-Mobile MMS
epc.t-mobile.com
IPv6
Auth: None
Proxy: Blank
Port: Blank
MMS message center: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

These settings works all the time.
The only time MMS wil not work is when you're on WiFi.
Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to N77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Are you two with the same provider? Maybe the default settings for that provider are wrong. I can receive MMS regardless whether on WiFi or not.
yes we are with the same provider, and yes the default settings ARE wrong and must be manually set (in particular, we must use IPv6-only)

BUT that is not the problem, the problem is that MMS goes over wifi for everyone. some telecoms (yours) are okay with this, and some are not (ours)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
If you give me working settings I will make PR to update file with MMS APN settings.
atlochowski, there are NO SETTINGS that will work on wifi for us, as the problem is that T-Mobile requires us, on their end, to use cellular data when handling the actual downloading of the MMS.

on android, the downloading of the files goes over the cellular data and not your wifi, even when connected to wifi+celldata. on SFOS, it uses wifi to actually download the MMS.

EDIT: i actually dont know if SFOS uses wifi to download MMS or not, i just know that, on the same device with the same provider and the same APN+MMSC+IPv6,
on android: can ALWAYS send/rcv MMS while connected to wifi
on sfos: can NEVER send/rcv MMS while connected to wifi

Last edited by wolke; 2020-05-04 at 19:17.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
EDIT: i did NOT fix it, connman firewall is NOT the problem, IM SO SORRY. i got REALLY excited.

my router lost power and restarted while i was testing and the wifi went off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post: