Besides the n8xx and n900 are there any other devices that have a camera on the same side as the main touch screen?

Originally Posted by Rapparee View Post
Besides the n8xx and n900 are there any other devices that have a camera on the same side as the main touch screen?
Nowadays, most higher-end feature-phones and smartphones have these.

My SE p1i had one, My SE Xperia X1 has one,...

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
I think about every smartphone besides the iPhone, but I actually have no idea, as they are mostly hidden from view :P

My N95 had one.

most nokia N series had it for quite a while already

Don't know about most phones in the USA but I know the leaked iPhone 4G supposedly has one and so does the HTC Evo.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Most smartphones and even featurefull dumbphones have that second front camera for "video chat" etc.

Some phones have a "scroll camera" which doubles as your "dedicated camera" and your "webcam".
The advantage of this means you only need to place 1 camera:
1) save costs
2) save space
3) you can take a higher quality picture or video of yourself (than a VGA or 1.3MP front camera)

The disadvantages:
1) more moving parts mean more room for error/damage
2) your phones form factor is "locked" ie major design trade-offs

Another option would be to have the top side of the phone rotate to cater to your needs. Where one side houses the high res. camera (eg 8MP autofocus) and the other side has a powerful speaker for music or calls. The top can have the power button, perfect right? Again same disadvantage of moving parts but this time its more free ie even more prone to damage.

Another option would be to put the camera at the top row of the keyboard on a Motorola Backflip. When the keyboard is hidden the camera faces the direction your looking at (take a photo/video). When you flip the keyboard to use it, the camera now faces the opposite direction ie looking at you. No disadvantages of the previous ones, but all of their advantages (no Blade pun intended) except that the keyboard is prone to scratch/hazard which may or may not matter depending on the type of user.

Can I get a Thanks