Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Sorry that this ansvering is taking time, which I don't currently have a lot

Originally Posted by SSLMM View Post
Is there any possiblity to add a control mode via usb, now that we have usb HostMode? I'm asking this because there are cameras that don't have the IR receiver, but can be controled through usb via pc.
There may have, but that is not in my current priority list. But maybe in the future.

Originally Posted by misusri View Post
Thanks for the great app. I am using Sony alpha camera, and I found on another forum people using Minolta RC3 file for Sony alpha 350. Could you possible include it and I can test it on my alpha 330?
Yes, I can include it, and I will do that as soon as I find enough time to do that (hopefully in next few weeks).

Originally Posted by Yabba View Post
Sorry that this ansvering is taking time, which I don't currently have a lot

There may have, but that is not in my current priority list. But maybe in the future.

Yes, I can include it, and I will do that as soon as I find enough time to do that (hopefully in next few weeks).
Any news on Sony profiles? (I have a Sony Alpha 330 too )

Originally Posted by fabiomanzoni View Post
Any news on Sony profiles? (I have a Sony Alpha 330 too )
Hi there all first time poster...

I too would like to see sony profiles to be included in this software I'm using an Alpha 500 (it should be the same profile with A330s right?), and wouldnt mind testing it if needed too

Hello, sorry to take time to ansver again

About the time tables for Sony (With Minolta RC) is that I will try to finnish that this weekend so hopefully new version is out at the end of this week, or at the beginning of next.

Thank you for your patiense.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lennartbnl/5351789915/

I took this photo with pyKake, can't live without my pyKake!

Is it maybe possible to be able to set timed photo intervals to seconds with decimals? Like 9.55 seconds? I was trying to exactly time something and 10 seconds was too slow, and 9 seconds was too fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to lennartb For This Useful Post:
Need help here..
I've never been able to get this to work with my XSi for some reason. I came back to it, tried it and it didn't work. I am pointing the IR sensor of the N900 to the camera one from about 2 inches away and nothing.
I turned off the camera, back on- no change.
Removed and reinstalled pykake- no change.
Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing some kind of setting that needs to be enabled?

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Groningen, Netherlands
Originally Posted by cincibluer6 View Post
Need help here..
I've never been able to get this to work with my XSi for some reason. I came back to it, tried it and it didn't work. I am pointing the IR sensor of the N900 to the camera one from about 2 inches away and nothing.
I turned off the camera, back on- no change.
Removed and reinstalled pykake- no change.
Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing some kind of setting that needs to be enabled?
Yup you missed a setting on the camera
You need to put your camera in the 'Self Timer/Remote' (Is that the right word?) setting.

Originally Posted by lennartb View Post
Yup you missed a setting on the camera
You need to put your camera in the 'Self Timer/Remote' (Is that the right word?) setting.
Doh!

Here I am going through the menu looking for anything but couldn't find it.
Thanks for the help. Going to give it a shot now.

Hello! This time I bring some good news The pyKake 0.7.3 is kicked to the autobuilder, and it includes support for Minolta and Sony (I couldn't test that by myself, but I assume that here is lot of avid testers to do that). So, I will say, that Sony (Alphas) should be supported now (as long as they really work with Minolta RC3) - And of course, Minolta is supported too, cause it is Minoltas remote file.

So, without longer speaks, Feel free to test* the version 0.7.3 is in extras-devel (or should be as soon as it goes trought the autobuilder)!

And I wish you will send the results here.

*) At your own risk of course, it is in devel after all, and there may be some bugs I haven't noticed (but that is non likely because changes for the version 0.7.2 were only few added lines of code and couple of commented prints).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yabba For This Useful Post:
Ok, like usually with the first build... there was some bugs (this time they were harmless, but pretty stupid) which caused some problems, but those are fixed now. Build 0.7.3-2 is in the autobuilder.