Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Warning! Possible quality drop of latest SCUD batch!

...or, it's just, that large quantity of fake BL-5J Scuds appeared on market. Still, My (received yesterday) shipment of 5 Scuds:
http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html
...bought from 100% trusted seller (*not* LuciaLui, though), turned out to be crappy 1200 mAh.

I ordered in May my Scud and it has defiantly more then 1420mAh so they may changed it in the last weeks, I was so far satisfied with it.

I'm not sure though if it may "killed" the default loading feature of my N900, read http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...99#post1107599 for more informations. I can't confirm though that it is related with the Scud battery.

my scud just arrived a week earlier from lucia lui. it sucked. i was not satisfied. so he is sending me another one. absolutely free
BACKUPMENU

Dear valued customer,

We found the new battery is thinner than before. But when we testing it in the mobile phone C3, it is not obviously different. We heard that the battery chip may have been changed, it has not been confirm yet. So we did not sure if the capacity of blue SCUD is really lower than before.
Any way, if you worry about it, we can refound you money, or ship a yellow SCUD (1350mAh, we sure the one is real capacity) to you. Please advise.

Yours sincerely,
Lucia Lui

what should i purchase?
BACKUPMENU

The Following User Says Thank You to trisha02 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Get them to ship a yellow.

-

I think ill better take my testing gloves on again and get some scuds for re-review.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Thanks Doctor*, I'm waiting for results with much interest. Just remember, to also check date stamp (on outer, big case, where SCUD and pouch is placed) - mine was marked as 2011.6.

And don't fry Your sonic screwdriver during the process! Sorry, can't stop myself from writing this, just once
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

I got reply from seller:

"hello
I call SCUD engineer,he says the BL-5J battery is complained by a lot of buyers ,says the battery is too thicker, SO scud factory decide to make it more thinner,I checked with my China buyers,they says the thinner is more suitable, if you still do not like it, please return it to me, I never sell fake product, linda"

For some reasons (intuition?) I do believe. So, it seems, that because of some idiots complaining about thick batteries, we got SCUD worse than genuine Nokia battery :/

Still, dr_frost_dk test would be final confirmation
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
so shud i tell lucia lui to ship the blue scud.instead of the yellow one?
BACKUPMENU

trisha02 get a refund an buy a Japod or polarcell or any of the battery's that have been tested to over 1320mAh, and please no more questions without reading FIRST, the last pages are with your used asking questions that can be read..., i know you want to be sure and in that way please PM me for any other questions.
Again PM me.

---

In the next couple of hours im going to redo POST #1, here with scuds not being the king any more, it makes perfect sense that people would complain, when maybe only our N900 is the only phone that can used the scuds without any problems...

have corrected post #1 for newer not so good scud

new reply from lucia lui

Lucia Lui15 Oct 2011 03:28 (GMT -7)

Dear valued customer,

The yellow SCUD recently introduce a 1445mAh one, we have not got it yet. If you ask it, i will order it next week. I am sorry for my late reply, today is Saturday.

Yours sincerely,
Lucia Luiv
BACKUPMENU

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc