Posts: 77 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Chester, CA
i cannot seem to get my gmail through any of the email apps on my n800. I have tried the default email program, claws mail and the tool bar app that tells you when you have new mail. quadruple checked my settings in all three programs. I can get online and do everything else, i can even go to the gmail website and login and read my mail. and yes i have pop enabled. I've also tried imap but i nothing will work. please help!!

Many Claws Mail users do successfully use gmail, both pop and imap. Maybe you need to check your settings a fifth time.

http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index....il_accounts.3F

Fortunately, I am not a gmail user

The built-in mail app works for me, but I rarely use it. I prefer the web interface.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
The web interface is working great for me, too, with my N800 running OS2008. But I've installed the new Modest e-mail app and it looks like a dandy IMAP program for accessing my Gmail. Good luck!

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Check your ports and SSL configuration as I am using gmail successfully with claws, modest and the built in email client with no issues at all. If you are using OS2008 try modest and see if that works for you as it takes care of the configuration for you.

no problems here with it. had both claw's and modest set up. Maybe post your settings and we'll see if we can find something wrong with them

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
in gmail settings on the web , you have to enable POP access for email clients to be able to access it

For me, the trick to getting POP working was to set (on the Advanced account settings -> Incoming panel) Password authentication to normal. Secure didn't work.

Also, Security -> SSL (POP3S) and Incoming port -> 995.