Notices

I'd really like to get R working on my N800 running OS2008. However, when I add the extras-devel repository, r-base-core is not available. It becomes available if I add the fremantle extras-devel repository, but fails to install due to missing dependencies (though I'm not sure an installation from a fremantle repo would work under OS2008 anyway...) Does anyone have any advice they could share?

Much appreciated,

Hemlock

Originally Posted by kayamagan View Post
I David, i would like to install R to my n900 but i cant; please could you release your file .deb for people like me( noob) which want R on their n900?!!
A very belated reply, I'm afraid. I haven't previously packaged anything as a .deb, so it will take a little while. I always install and update R from source (which will almost always be in Scratchbox), and wouldn't have the time to make every package (a la Dirk Eddelbuettel). However, I will have a go at packaging R plus the recommended packages.

Cheers, David Duffy.

PS You can do quite of lot of standard statistical analysis in
my genetics package, Sib-pair, which is available (of course) for
the n900. The link can be found by scrolling down a little at

http://www.qimr.edu.au/davidD#sib-pair

Sib-pair's embedded Scheme interpreter includes a simple X-based graphic library (eggx), which I was pleased to find works well under Maemo (only a couple of calls were missing).

The latest version of Sib-pair, not currently compiled for the n900, adds ML fitting of the probit-normal mixed model (it already has a MCMC fitter).

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Austria
R statistics cannot be installed anymore:

r-base: Depends: r-recommended (= 2.9.2-3maemo5) but it is not going to be installed

If I try to install r-recommended manually I get a lenghty list of packages that are "is not installable".

At some earlier days I had it installed at m N900.

Any recommendations how to get R working?