Notices

Originally Posted by shehata_ghattas View Post
Can you plan for equalizer to be added to it you can use gstreamer extra good tools.
WARNING!!! Feature bloat!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
I created new example daemon which will pause MAFW when pulseaudio master device changes. It listen for pulseaudio events and when special nokia module change routing (from bluetooth to internal board or reverse) daemon will send dbus signal to MAFW to pause playing. This daemon should have smaller delay in pausing MAFW as headphoned or my in-build implementation in OMP, because it immediately pause MAFW (not wait until bluez daemon tell us that headset is really disconnected)

Source code: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/autopause.c
Armel binary: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/autopause

Please test it if this daemon is better when headphoned (and my in-build implementation in OMP) for bluetooth headsets. And if yes I will include this pulseaudio implementation into OMP.

Note: do not forget to kill headphoned daemon and turn off in-build implementation :-)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I created new example daemon which will pause MAFW when pulseaudio master device changes. It listen for pulseaudio events and when special nokia module change routing (from bluetooth to internal board or reverse)
Is there any chance, that similar approach could be used to handle routing of sound to external DAC (USB soundcard), as per:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83270
...?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-04-05 at 16:43.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Is there any chance, that similar approach could be used to handle routing of sound to external DAC (USB soundcard), as per:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83270
...?
mediaplayer has nothing with playing playing is done in mafw and mafw using gstreamer and gstreamer using pulseaudio for playing sound.

So you need to patch pulseaudio/alsa or config files for alsaped for routing sound to other sound card (e.g. your usb).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Now it is implemented
Git repository: https://gitorious.org/~pali/qt-media...li-mediaplayer

Due to speed of Qt and QtDBus is autopause delayed (1-3s) when bluetooth headset disconnected. Autopause when disconnected wired headset seems working realime. I added code (in last commit) to monitor also GPIO jack state (state is immedialey false when nothing is connected to jack). Seems that this fixed delay problem for wired headset. But I have no idea how to speed up bluetooth disconnect event (bluez daemon dbus signal is delayed and also qt signal/slots are not realtime).

So at least on my n900 disconnecting wired headset autopause player and nothing is heard from speakers.
@gidzzz: Merge request is created: https://gitorious.org/qt-mediaplayer...rge_requests/8

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Media player started running really really slow about two weeks ago, and became generally irresponsive.

I heard about OMP yesterday, downloaded it, and it works fine! It already has all the features I use, so I just got rid of the old MP (I prefer this one specially since it's also FLOSS).

Great work guy! It's just perfect! I hope this makes it to CSSU some day!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hobarrera For This Useful Post:
The best player for the n900! Finally we can share music via Bluetooth :-). I think if you do better supports the display of music lyrics in languages ​​other than English, including an automatic online search for album covers and the ability to search musics within the list itself that is playing without having to go back to the main list.
Would be perfection made music, I hope you can include these features

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by oscarcirihillo View Post
The best player for the n900! Finally we can share music via Bluetooth :-). I think if you do better supports the display of music lyrics in languages ​​other than English, including an automatic online search for album covers and the ability to search musics within the list itself that is playing without having to go back to the main list.
Would be perfection made music, I hope you can include these features
U can download covers with mussorgsky, im planning an open src replacement for easy cd da extractor, but itll take some time 'til it's finished

apart from this i found a bug in omp.
after i edit lyrics in omp there are 2 problems: the screen turns itself on after a while aftet becoming locked and theres no kbd focus in other apps such as xterm or microb browser. you need 2 close omp to regain kbd focus

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
I created new example daemon which will pause MAFW when pulseaudio master device changes. It listen for pulseaudio events and when special nokia module change routing (from bluetooth to internal board or reverse) daemon will send dbus signal to MAFW to pause playing. This daemon should have smaller delay in pausing MAFW as headphoned or my in-build implementation in OMP, because it immediately pause MAFW (not wait until bluez daemon tell us that headset is really disconnected)

Source code: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/autopause.c
Armel binary: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pali/autopause

Please test it if this daemon is better when headphoned (and my in-build implementation in OMP) for bluetooth headsets. And if yes I will include this pulseaudio implementation into OMP.

Note: do not forget to kill headphoned daemon and turn off in-build implementation :-)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Estel, HELLASISGREECE, kent_autistic, sirpaul, Sourav.dubey, strange1712, vi_
Who tested my new autopause implementation for bluetooth headsets? I'd like to know if this implementation is better or not.

Would love to, but I don't have bluetooth headset (yet) and I can't force my notebook bluetooth module to appear as A2DP device to N900. So, You must count on others here

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Tags
libplayback, mag 4 prez, media, open source, player, portrait mode, re-write, remake, reverse