Originally Posted by uzernamezz View Post
Hey. I'm just wondering, why does my N9 have these problems?

1. My videos appear in my music library. When it plays them, it just crashes. How do I fix it?
2. Every time I turn it on, it says "Connect to internet?" I don't know if it's just me or I hadn't experienced this somewhere...
3. Why does the music player read the filename of the .mp3 as the title? I had to rename it all manually, and it still persisted on some tracks.
4. How do you shrink the space allocated for apps? it says 4.2 GB is reserved, and I don't usually install that much apps.
5. Is there an app like Nimbuzz or any YouTube downloaders like in Symbian?
6. How do I disable the auto-rotation? It's annoying, while using swype in bed.
7. Is a screen protector recommended? it came without one and I was told not to since most of the gestures involve swiping from the edge. Does anyone use a screen protector?
8. Is there a place where I can string a lanyard? I usually do that with other phones...

Sorry for all the questions, I just got this last monday and it's an all new OS...
1. what is the file extension?
2. sounds like you have something that needs an internet connection like mail but no automatic connections set up.
3. This means it doesn't like the tagging, try to tag the mp3's with another program.
4. re partition i guess, but not sure if there is a way to do that.
5. there are youtube downloaded linux scripts you could use in the terminal ( i have not tested though)
6. i'm not aware of there being a way to do this.
7. if it came with a protector it must have been a freebie thrown in buy the people you bought it from (unless your talking about the shipping protector, which isn't recommended for use). I don't use one and have no scratches, other people say they have scratches on their screen, but it is gorilla glass, so i've not been bothered with one.
8. mm.. not that i know of, unless you use the soft cover and maybe make your own hole.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
1. what is the file extension?
2. sounds like you have something that needs an internet connection like mail but no automatic connections set up.
3. This means it doesn't like the tagging, try to tag the mp3's with another program.
4. re partition i guess, but not sure if there is a way to do that.
5. there are youtube downloaded linux scripts you could use in the terminal ( i have not tested though)
6. i'm not aware of there being a way to do this.
7. if it came with a protector it must have been a freebie thrown in buy the people you bought it from (unless your talking about the shipping protector, which isn't recommended for use). I don't use one and have no scratches, other people say they have scratches on their screen, but it is gorilla glass, so i've not been bothered with one.
8. mm.. not that i know of, unless you use the soft cover and maybe make your own hole.
1.mp4. should i convert it with the H264 codec?
2. I see... does this INQUIRER app (local) cause it or the fMobi 7 day trial?
3. I use MP3Tag. Is there another one?
7. It didn't have one, the screen was bare and it was in a plastic.
8. Won't it distort the fit?
Thanks! +1 (I come from dailymobile, i'll try to figure out how to thank :P)

1. hmm.. it should be able to read mp4 files.
2. do you have any feeds set up? like facebook, twitter, AP news, rss?
3. i use foobar and it works fine for me. so you could try that.
7. ok, your choice on whether to use it or not, as i said i don't, but other people choose to.
8. it might, a little. or you could look at other cases for it on ebay and see if any of them have a place to attach a lanyard.

Originally Posted by uzernamezz View Post
5. Is there an app like Nimbuzz or any YouTube downloaders like in Symbian?

7. Is a screen protector recommended? it came without one and I was told not to since most of the gestures involve swiping from the edge. Does anyone use a screen protector?

Sorry for all the questions, I just got this last monday and it's an all new OS...
5) I use cutetube to download youtube videos, nice . It's a paid app from Ovi Store, any questions, please direct them to 'marxian', the developer who is also a member of this forum

7) Use screen protector is best. I'm using the original one meant for N9, it doesnt cover whole screen, just the LCD section, swiping is not a problem. N9 is officially released in my country, so it's not hard to get screen protector. Some people have found a cheaper way by cutting the screen protector for tablet & paste it on the N9

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by randomdood View Post
1. hmm.. it should be able to read mp4 files.
2. do you have any feeds set up? like facebook, twitter, AP news, rss?
3. i use foobar and it works fine for me. so you could try that.
7. ok, your choice on whether to use it or not, as i said i don't, but other people choose to.
8. it might, a little. or you could look at other cases for it on ebay and see if any of them have a place to attach a lanyard.
2. How do you remove the feed?
3.What's foobar?

I'm starting to get a little bit miffed with the N9...

just annoying little things that prevent it from being a hassle free experience.

1) Gmail. Had SMTP server issues, went to MfE, read a fix about changing language to US English, all worked well until today when it randomly starts with the SMTP errors again. Cant send email. V annoying!

2) Feed. Using Fbook & Twitter. Randomly stops updating feed with one or the other. again just annoying.

3) SatNav has been shakey at best.

All I want is a nice stable existance!!

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
5) I use cutetube to download youtube videos, nice . It's a paid app from Ovi Store, any questions, please direct them to 'marxian', the developer who is also a member of this forum
+1 for CuteTube! Sure it costs 2 dollars/euros/currency units, but that's pretty cheap for what you get. Marxian is friendly and responsive, too. Support the community while getting what you want!

Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
I'm starting to get a little bit miffed with the N9...

just annoying little things that prevent it from being a hassle free experience.

1) Gmail. Had SMTP server issues, went to MfE, read a fix about changing language to US English, all worked well until today when it randomly starts with the SMTP errors again. Cant send email. V annoying!

2) Feed. Using Fbook & Twitter. Randomly stops updating feed with one or the other. again just annoying.

3) SatNav has been shakey at best.

All I want is a nice stable existance!!

Let the twitter and facebook appz opened in the multitask view seems to fix the feed updating issue for me atm ..

Originally Posted by clovis86 View Post
Let the twitter and facebook appz opened in the multitask view seems to fix the feed updating issue for me atm ..
Yea I thought that might do it but it doesnt. just weird.

anyhow, if twitter and FB appz are open, the refresh button on the feed page should work, no ?