Active Topics

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Saint Paul, mn
Hey all,
I recently got a Nokia USB OTG Adapter from Electronic Product Online Ltd. It recognizes my USB memory stick with no problem(awesome!), I downloaded the USB software for the Nokia (USB Control) and set it to host and then plug in a usb keyboard. I get a message...USB not recognized and then the d-pad goes blue, followed by a repeated restart of the device.

Is there some way to get the keyboard to work with the device? Am I missing something? Could another keyboard be the solution?

just to add to this I am trying an IOGEAR usb keyboard. It might be non-standard. Runs in Ubuntu, XP and Vista, but what does that prove?

I'll try a different USB keyboard when I can rustle one up.

Last edited by gpmartinson; 2009-02-28 at 00:36.

tried several and tried the keyboard without the USB control app...here's the results. When I try other keyboards (apple one) I get a repeated message "USB hub not supported" and no keyboard support...but no restart.

Should I rebuild the kernel to wipe out the Whitelist? I would need some help figuring out how to build a custom kernel. So, My OTG adapter will work great with a usb stick, but I have yet to get a keyboard to work.

Anyone?

bump here for anyone looking for a problem to work with.