Notices

how do you get the custom icon

EDIT: oh Crap i made the same mistake app manager

Last edited by bullion87; 2010-01-29 at 05:31.

very excited for the coming icon , great work Andrew

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
@ andrewfblack

After some time working with the theme, I do notice some readability issues, which you probably are already addressing, but just in case you want specifics:

1. Black input slots/areas are all black (with very few exceptions). In general not a problem except:
a. Email input screen is black (whereas read is white). Is that intentional? And does everyone like it? Personally, I am not sure. Seems like a lot of black.
b. I see that other "input" areas/slots, including microB address bar is also black, sms 'to' slot, etc, all of which I do like, because it is easy to read text in these small black slots.
c. One input area is useless (black text on black field): in Midori. All input areas and slots are black, including online Google search. Both mciroB and FFox are white under this theme. So I don't know if it's the theme at fault or the browser.
d. Notes, Conboy, and other notetaking apps are all black fields (but not Xournal, which really shouldn't be). I am having problem with these large black input fields, but not the small ones.
2. Grey field readability issues:
a. Notification bars/banners are very hard to read. (I did mention this previously, but I wanted to compile all my "hard-to-read-text comments in one post.)
b. All the following are, at least for me, also very hard to read becase of the tiny orange text on grey background bars: Calendar edit fields, contact select bars, etc. I assume these are all grouped under the same configuration color field...
"Light" and "dark" meamo.org theme versions?

Great theme!

The Following User Says Thank You to sorodoros For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
on the subject of email-- the orange text on black for headers in the Inbox list isn't working for me. Maybe white on black in that case?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Theme's are limited on what colors we can use basically we have Default, Secondary, Active, Painted Colors we also can set the reversed of those. So the only way to say remove orange color from a certain location is to remove the orange from everywhere.

In 1.2-8 I have changed notification background color to a dark grey to make orange more readable. I have also made all text entry boxes white . The problem is that some people don't write their application to make use of right colors which is why text box is already white on them. This is a problem with the applications but I am going to modify my theme to try and make it look right in all applications. Wazd is having the same problem with dark text boxes.

I'm trying to make a good mix between the way I want my theme to be and what i have to do to make it work with some applications.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i installed todays new update from devel but theres now some kind of bug so it no longer shows up in theme menu so cant be set

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-01-30 at 01:46.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denver, CO USA
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
i installed todays new update from devel but theres now some kind of bug so it no longer shows up in theme menu so cant be set
for me too. I tried reinstalling it again but still it doesn't up.

Like I always say don't install from devel uninstall disable devel and reinstall extras version.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
i was reporting a bug not complaining or asking for help, i know the risks and like taking them.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
i was reporting a bug not complaining or asking for help, i know the risks and like taking them.
Its a bug in how themes are optified working on a solution.

Tags
fremantle, theme release