Notices

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Have you tried contacting the authors of these radio applications? Wasn't Frals one of them? They might help you looking at your code.

Consider also filing a bug against the corresponding Qt Mobility component upstream. If you think your code is right and the problem is in the library implementation or backend integration then the developers of that library might help you as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
I have filled a bug as suggested.

I have found which amixer values to change to get mic back, so I have started from scratch an app which lets start and stop the radio simply by deleting its radio object (segfaults ftw)...

Ui is a bit different, but I'm getting it ligher by removing not so needed windows.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
Looks Promising, We'll be waiting for it.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE LAYOUT...
]
IT WAS SUCH A NICE & EASY LAYOUT...

P.S. "i tried to get the old file by reinstall but no luck ... can u pls provide the old .deb file link"

thanks in advance

Last edited by immi.shk; 2011-03-17 at 04:48.

the big issue with this great app is the lack of stereo.. any news on a fix ?

Finally found the Old "Deb"
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d....3.8_armel.deb

Sorry Cant Help it "I JUST LOVE THE ORIGINAL LAYOUT"

Last edited by immi.shk; 2011-03-17 at 06:38.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I asked frals for help and he replied
Originally Posted by frals;
@Joseph9560 sorry, not my area of expertise, try #maemo on irc.freenode.net

Last edited by Joseph9560; 2011-03-17 at 10:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph9560 For This Useful Post:
Ahahah, and I tought new layout would have been cleaner than older one :P As ancient latins were used to say (Happy BDay Italy by the way!!!!) "de gustibus non (s)putandum est"
I will put your link in first post for whoelse prefears it over new layout.

Bug filled got closed -> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/brows...s:all-tabpanel
Sadly it won't be fixed, I think. Well, if radio hangs, just tap on menu>stopradio than menu>start radio and it works back without any restart.

New version (0.4.0) has the so desidered names for saved stations. Hold down on the list view to get a context menu to be able to sort stations, remove 1station or clear all of them , move stations, insert stations.

Press ctrl+F for fullscreen mode (not that usefull to be honest).
Ctrl+M to refresh metadata instead of waiting the 10secs autorefresh.

@leetnoob: the qt mobility methods to change stereomode do not work. If you open app from terminal to get the debug on, after you start the radio and press ctrl+S you get the current stereo mode: 2 is for automode, 1 for mono and 0for stereo or viceversa. Pressing ctrl+D should force it in stereo, but as you try again ctrl+S it still shows 2.
I'm looking to change it through sys interface (/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-3/3-0022) when I find where the stereomode is saved.

I just need to find how to listen on dbus so when a call is incoming the radio is stopped and mic is set back to input without the need to do it manually within the app.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
IMO new layout is light years ahead of old one. I like it very very much! Now it looks like that itīs rivaling in same class as samsungs android fm-radio and other so called commercial radio apps. It doesnīt look like proof of concept app :P

Last edited by slender; 2011-03-17 at 20:36.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
The new look does not seem nothing more comfortable (not usable in portrait mode) or prettier.

The positive point is on your list of stations accessible in landscape mode.