Notices

Ohlh, this appears to have made it to Extras; I will have to give it a whirl...

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Will QRadio ever get support for frequencies below 87,5 MHz?

The Following User Says Thank You to Crogge For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
Will QRadio ever get support for frequencies below 87,5 MHz?
Hardly. It seams to be hardcoded.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
Hi gionni88, will your beautiful FM radio app ever be ported to N9?

Originally Posted by SamGan View Post
Hi gionni88, will your beautiful FM radio app ever be ported to N9?
I don't know, actually QtMobility module for FM Radio is not working.
You can't imagine my disappointment after I have coded QML Radio, a qml version of QRadio, realizing FM radio on harmattan is not officially working :/

Originally Posted by gionni88 View Post
I don't know, actually QtMobility module for FM Radio is not working.
You can't imagine my disappointment after I have coded QML Radio, a qml version of QRadio, realizing FM radio on harmattan is not officially working :/
appreciate your hard work.

wouldn't it better if Qradio detects null output of audio and restart the radio by itself.. since it stops giving sound after a cpu hungry operation...
altho its not a big deal coz i've kept headphone button to restart radio & camera to switch channels...

just a request
i still love your old design of Qradio 0.3.8(i still have that deb file) cant we have both the versions at the same time...

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
I know dev don't want to enable autorotate because of large memory consumption but with an option to enable autorotate, landscape and portrait, it would have been better. So if anybody don't care about more memory consumption then he can enable autorotate while rest of the people can still set it to landscape or portrait only.

Originally Posted by immi.shk View Post
wouldn't it better if Qradio detects null output of audio and restart the radio by itself.. since it stops giving sound after a cpu hungry operation...
altho its not a big deal coz i've kept headphone button to restart radio & camera to switch channels...

just a request
i still love your old design of Qradio 0.3.8(i still have that deb file) cant we have both the versions at the same time...
How can I detect null audio? All status properties of QRadioTuner are not working, so I don't know when the Radio object goes into stopped state. Lucky you your original headphones keep working, mine got broken one year ago!

I have tried using a UILoader class in Qt, so I could make my app themable. First of all, it was a pain to implement, because I had to do some sort of binding inside the app to find all ui items, second it was getting executable more than 1mb, third it was slowing down the starting up because ui files need to be compiled to be used. In the end I have given up. But I can say I have succesfully implemented themes in SigmaPlayer with qml, so I may continue with qml radio. I had it started in August for the N9 and stopped it because there was no way to use FMRadio in harmattan.

Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
I know dev don't want to enable autorotate because of large memory consumption but with an option to enable autorotate, landscape and portrait, it would have been better. So if anybody don't care about more memory consumption then he can enable autorotate while rest of the people can still set it to landscape or portrait only.
The problem is not memory consumption, but the cpu one! As soon as cpu usage goes high, radio hangs and you gotta restart radio. Another reason was that QWidgets were not born for mobiles, where you can rotate device orientation, so rotating UI where there are complex elements require relayouting the whole UI, which is not that easy task. QML instead is another thing.