Active Topics

A very weird problem that seems was not yet reported. I have updated my N800 to OS2008 as soon as it was released and immediately installed Skype. All worked fine... this weekend I have updated my father's N800 to OS2008 and I can not get Skype installed since "Nokia Catalog" repository gives me an error: "MD5Sum mismatch" for Packages.gz file.

I thought that OS2008 got screwed up somehow. But first I decided to delete and re-add "Nokia Catalog" on my N800 (it was not giving me any problem with that repository). Funny thing is that now my N800 can't refresh "Nokia Catalog" repository as well. Very very frustrating as I was promising my father better experience with the device once I get him OS2008 but now without Skype this device is next to useless for him (until this problem is resolved).

If anybody at Nokia listens please fix your repos ASAP.

Sergei

Hi Surgei,

I received the N800 today and update OS2008 and got the same error. Can not install Skype and almost anything else as well. When you said you updated your N800 when OS2008 was just released, it was working OK. Which version/build is that? May be I should use the older version.

Please let me know if you find out a solution for this as well...

Mostly it's because Nokia doesn't know their ***** from a hole in the ground when it comes to setting up and maintaining a good repository.
They don't care, they already made their money from you.
Look at the whole Canola2 debacle. It took OTHER people who had nothing to do wit hthe Canola2 project or Nokia to get a temp repository up and running to host it for a little while.

Do u have a solution for this or are we stuck? I tried called Nokia and they just said to wait until someone post another version of OS2008 on the net. You are right, they are not very helpful.

Originally Posted by dchan7 View Post
Do u have a solution for this or are we stuck? I tried called Nokia and they just said to wait until someone post another version of OS2008 on the net. You are right, they are not very helpful.
The solution is to fire the guy in charge of the Internet Tablets for consistent failure to correct these minor problems.
Then fire the guy just below him for not finding it and correcting it or telling his boss that it's a problem.
Then hire people who know how to SPELL. In English.

I'm getting server reset errors constantly from their catalog server for the past 6 months.

I've installed the same version on both N800 tablets. It still the latest version on Nokia website.

It seems they haven't used Debian tools to update the repository.