Posts: 604 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Phoenix, WA
Hi all...

I dropped my phone and eventually touchscreen stopped working:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=84206
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85343

Does anyone have insight on what needs repair? It's not just the glass screen but maybe the "digitizer" as well? I've resorted back to my N900 in the meantime

There is data and media on my N9 that I am very interested in recovering though... is there anyway I can register touches from my computer (bypass the touchscreen)? I just need enough access to enter my pin code and activate mass storage mode.

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
You can flash your device using Phoenix.. You don't need to use your touch screen while doing that. Data will be gone, though.

The screen of N9 is fused to the glass, so if you try to get it replaced, there is a chance that they might replace both parts. This might be expensive.

but.. this was already answered in your other post.. why did you start this new thread after starting two others about the same problem just 15 minutes ago?

Kindly remove them and keep only one thread. This is a sharing community, which means others can have similar problems. They'll be confused if they come looking for solutions and found random multiple threads

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
so far, i don't think there's way to access to anything on that device and if you had lock code on it...then there's no flashing either...though...
dammit digitizer for n9 costs around 100eur here

Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
You can flash your device using Phoenix.. You don't need to use your touch screen while doing that. Data will be gone, though.

The screen of N9 is fused to the glass, so if you try to get it replaced, there is a chance that they might replace both parts. This might be expensive.

but.. this was already answered in your other post.. why did you start this new thread after starting two others about the same problem just 15 minutes ago?

Kindly remove them and keep only one thread. This is a sharing community, which means others can have similar problems. They'll be confused if they come looking for solutions and found random multiple threads
flopjoke, thanks for the kind reply. but those posts don't answer the main question (in the thread title and the last paragraph of my post).

^ @wook_sf really? But I was able to flash my N8 with Phoenix long back.. and it had a lock code. Don't know if it applies here as well..

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
flopjoke, thanks for the kind reply. but those posts don't answer the main question (in the thread title and the last paragraph of my post).
I know, but just bump that thread.. it'll be in new threads and people will check it out. Or merge them with this one.. it's more efficient to keep one post.

^ This isn't just for others.. more people will check the thread if you have just one post with many replies.. and you just might find someone who has a solution and can help you. So just saying =)

I know, but just bump that thread.. it'll be in new threads and people will check it out. Or merge them with this one.. it's more efficient to keep one post.

^ This isn't just for others.. more people will check the thread if you have just one post with many replies.. and you just might find someone who has a solution and can help you. So just saying =)
flopjoke, thanks. that makes sense. I linked to my past threads just so people can see the history if they r interested. I'd like to keep it as is for now.

^ @wook_sf really? But I was able to flash my N8 with Phoenix long back.. and it had a lock code. Don't know if it applies here as well..
it is so, seems like, yes, i was flashing all from 6600 to e7 with lockcodes, was retrieving lockcodes, rewriting them....but that doesn't seems like case with n9
so, it's best to have lock code off

Originally Posted by wook_sf View Post
it is so, seems like, yes, i was flashing all from 6600 to e7 with lockcodes, was retrieving lockcodes, rewriting them....but that doesn't seems like case with n9
so, it's best to have lock code off
if I take the the sim card out it won't prompt me for lock code. are there any options of simulating touches in that case?

Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
if I take the the sim card out it won't prompt me for lock code. are there any options of simulating touches in that case?
ohh, pin code is not issue, just lock code (on device one)
well, if you enabled auto wi-fi or auto select SDKmode when you attach phone to pc, then you might be able to ssh to phone and to entire backup and then restore it on some other device or something