Active Topics

I seem to be unable to get on wireless consistently. I thought it was just my wireless router at home but now that I have been trying other wireless access points I am unable to get a wi-fi connection. I just keep getting "Network Connection Error".
I've had this problem since 1.1.1. My laptop connects to my phone fine via Joikuspot so I know the Wi-Fi works, I just can't connect to the internet. 3G works fine otherwise. Any help / tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I might be able to help you with your Joikuspot issue.

Correct me if I'm wrong: your client can connect to your N900 via wifi with Joikuspot on, but your client couldn't connect to the internet via your N900's 3G internet.

In this case you'd like to reload the module JoikuSpot_Bouncer:

Under terminal, as root, type:
Code:
rmmod JoikuSpot_Bouncer; modprobe JoikuSpot_Bouncer
The fact is that Joikuspot_Bouncer always dies. So you'd like to make an alias to reload it from time to time.

It's very annoying. Therefore I use other method to replace Joikuspot. I can tell you if you'd like to know how.

@9000 Thanks for the help. I had this problem a while ago and ended up reflashing my system, but I will keep a mental note if I run into the Joikuspot problem again.

My problem now is that I can't connect to the internet using Wifi from the N900. I mentioned Joikuspot only to indicate that WiFi on the phone works. Sorry if it distracted from the issue. If there was a way I could watch the connection error out I could at least try to diagnose the problem. BTW, I'm using WPA for authentication to Wi-fi.