Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 1,127 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Amsterdam
Just got my second one last week, a second hand, but hardly used N900, sweet as pie. It's in much, much better condition than my first one and I feel it's worth every euro of the 175 that I paid for it.

if you can get it cheap sure. There are better "phones" out there but there are not better "tablet computers". It's the latter that has most of the people here happy.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sondjata For This Useful Post:
Posts: 245 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Toronto-Canada
Why the N9?

Look @ this video:
Nokia N9, Super-Smartphone - Full Presentation with all Slides
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1weKR...eature=related

Qorax

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by xPAKxMaster View Post
Hey jann and the rest of the community I'm back :P well I finally got an n900 after years of looking for a good deal.

cellphoneforever is a coff coff half-scam
I bought mine from them

it's a real Nokia n900
Wish I had seen this earlier - ordered a N900 from them and it never arrived with lots of email 'yes please be patient' etc. Their ebay account has disappeared and paypal refuses to open a case after 45 days. Their registered company was from a chinese one that went defunct years earlier.

Caveat Emptor!

That being said, i just picked up two used N900s and am LOVING being back! The CSSU is tremendous - the screen is now uber-responsive. Idle current draw with cssu is ~19mA which is more than my best values of ~5mA. Will post to the CSSU discussion if i get it working.

Cheers to the awesomest community ever around a handheld OS. I mean that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Holy Necro Batman!

However, I'd buy another N900 if mine should bite the dust. Love it. I may not use it 24/7 like some do, but I use it at leats once a day, even if it's just for texting/IM'ing, phone calls or gaming.

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
if you can get it cheap sure. There are better "phones" out there but there are not better "tablet computers". It's the latter that has most of the people here happy.
It's the combination of both "phone" and "tablet" that makes me happy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
It's the combination of both "phone" and "tablet" that makes me happy.
Agreed. To me, it's a "mini-computer that's also a phone", more emphasis on the fact it's a handheld PC running a full Linux OS (not a watered down version) than the phone aspect. It may not be the best "phone" out there, but it's certainly a small form factor PC that won my heart.

Will try to always have this device, unless the N950 ever gets released (never gonna happen?) and is just as good/better than my N900, which at this point is doubtful.

I bought two N900 summer 2011. I dont regret it a second. I will try to stretch my phone budget if I can to buy two more since this is possibly the last of Nokias good telephones ever, since they sold out to Microsoft.

Have confidence that even if Maemo "stops", which it basically never will until all n900 owner have lost their phones, you can still develop for the N900 yourself.

I will stick with this phone until GSM/3g is no longer possible to use, from then on it will be A tablet only, for using on 80211.

I dream about the N950 with a stylus and Grub to multiboot betwen Meego and Maemo.

go for it!

I've bought a N900 three days ago.

Its a very Good device with a very good working Hardware Keyboard.

I like maemo also as a different Kind of operating System ( i'm iOS User gg )

But my biggest Problem is the resistive touchscreen. Because of that i think of sell my n900 again. Because its a very Big Problem for me to work with a resistive TS

why is that a problem? I have to say, one of the best features of the N900 is the stylus! No precision like it with anything else inckuding iphone and galaxy where you can oonly use fingers. and I do wonder what kind of shitty phones that do not work with gloves on.
N900 works with gloves, no need to buy special idiot gloves just to be able to be in cold temperature and use the damn thing.

capacitive screen is quite ovverrated and a misstep. for some things it is good, but who the heck cares about twitching(or whatever its called) with two fingers to zoom.

the only thing I miss on the N900 that I think is a capacity of capacitive screens is swype, like on samsumg. I could be wrong, it could be possible to have that on N900.

Tags
kajko the tool, kajko+elop=love, twigdouche