Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Washington, DC
I have an 810 which I use daily. The N900 does not appear a path forward to me.
I would welcome new apps such as PIM, calculator/solver, and graphical geography tools. The Garnet VM is single most critical app to me as I still use a lot of Palm OS apps to provide these functions in absence of Maemo equivalents..
I can contribute to testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverNewb For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
* I have two well-worn N800s and I wish someone would donate a N810 to me.

* I'm interested to see and use the community SSU on my device, and the GLES 1.1 drivers working. I am also interested in squeezing every last drop of speed out of the 2D video...

* I also would love to see a turnkey file server solution for the N8x0 devices, optimised for easily serving removable media (like USB flash drives) over any kind of network (including ad-hoc).

* I'm willing to contribute with testing and pestering.

* If the file server would happen, I would then be able to serve files on a USB key or portable HD plugged into my N800 to any other device, even ones with no USB support

* I am also interested in some kind of Mer / Maemo 5 release as a desktop / app set of Ubuntu, mainly because it would be nice to have a new kernel and new libraries (and big, maintained repositories) under the system.

Last edited by qole; 2010-02-15 at 02:58.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
only 770 is a real Nokia Internet Tablet
like iPod Touch
any chance for Carman + gps to run on 2008He ?

* I have an N800.

* I'm interested in running Mer on the device. And would love to see my favorite gadget have its lifetime increased. Especially if then I could run the same QT based app on my N900 and my N800 at home (since it has a bigger screen and would be closer to an outlet at home since the N800's battery is dying).

* I'm willing to contribute with testing (when I have the time). Sadly as of now graduate school and work take up most of my time.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
I use an N810 every day for PIM function with the GPE aps, Notecase and Mileage. I was disappointed when the tablet morphed into a phone with a smaller screen and the deletion of important feature to me like the USB host mode. I bought the N810 in part because it isn't a phone that brings control by carriers to fill their pockets and limit the user. Fixed in Frematle is now an excuse for not fixing terrible bugs like the failure to properly support a Bluetooth keyboard. I wanted to use the N810 to draft documents but the keyboard situation has made that use impractical. At this time Mer isn't an answer. I'm not going away nor is my N810 until it finally gives up the ghost. I'm willing to test and have writing skills that can be put to use. My Maemo Mapper HowTo is an example. Being a long time Linux user, I'm not use to seeing hardware abandoned by the development community.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fragos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, after my last post about USB host, I had to actually try making my N800 into a USB host for both a 250 GB HD and my N900...

Here's the post with the details...

* I have an N810 and I use it everyday for surfing the web pdf and ebook reading. And 4.1" screen is great and battery is also excellent.

* I'm waiting for the community SSU and 2D and 3D acceleration driver so I can do more on this magic device.

* I'm willing to contribute all I can include recompiling and testing.

* I will keep the N810 alive and It is my best friend now.

The Following User Says Thank You to u2maemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
This is funny. The ITT site is shut down and everything is done but use beaters and dogs to drive away tablet users and then a survey is taken to see if anyone is left.

Sure you won't shoot me if I respond?
My purpose is to see how much of the tablet community is still around and what we can accomplish. I lost track when all the new people came in too
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Germany
Just celebrated my one year membership. I am still using the my n810 for a multitude of purposes. However, family, work and skill constraints limit my ability to contribute. So this post is more directed at saying there're are still dedicated users left.

icke

P.S.: My resolution for February. Assess my notes on feedelity and compile some sort of "test report"

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
* I have a N810

* I'm interested to see and use mer on my device

* I'm willing to contribute with mer testing

* If miracles would happen and had more free time, I would then be able to contribute more

The Following User Says Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post:

Tags
maemo4, nokia n800, nokia n810