Posts: 154 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ South Africa
Bump! I for one, would love to use my N900 as a wireless sound solution for my pc.
Debian

The Following User Says Thank You to Ele-Mental For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
does a workaround for this exist today?

CLARIFICATION: what I want to do is play music on my laptop/other phone which is not always near the wired speakers so I would like to transmit music to my N900 via bluetooth which I will connect to the speakers. Thanks!

Last edited by vetsin; 2014-05-03 at 07:58.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Just bumping the thread. I hope those who know some workaround's awake and online at the moment.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by JaseP View Post
(snip) I have a bluetooth enabled home phone & it would be nice to be able to answer the home phone on the N900.(snip)
I 100% agree, I have been trying to think of an elegant solution to my rarely used home phone since both wired and cordless phones are crap compared to a modern smartphone. This would be a brilliant answer, bluetooth to my N900 and maybe a wired backup phone for power outages and backup when nobody with a N900 was at home.
This would require an app to do the DTMF for dialing or some sort of integration to the phone dialer app.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
I didn't find an easier solution with android so I was hoping the N900 can do it but my search has only led me to two threads which are both unresolved.

I was trying to do something like this last year, and progress was made. But it was not completely without problems. See http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=70453

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZedThou For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the tip ZedThou! I'll give it a spin!

EDIT: I only got static... anyway, thanks for the help.

Last edited by vetsin; 2014-05-16 at 16:29.