Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Vesuri, why not release this as a community project or hide theme settings in the next version of Homescreen settings?
Those interested in non-Store apps can use ThemeChanger as before (or just use gconftool-2 ). This was just my effort to have something available for users looking for software from the Store. I thought about including it in Home screen settings but it doesn't really belong there and I'd rather keep that one available

Theme settings is still available from its support page if someone wants it. Of course, it's still possible the Store QA people change their mind...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 178 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Austria
"Themes are not supported and files that modify system functionality are not permitted on Nokia Store."

stupid explanatory statements

@Vesuri, thanks for your great apps

Last edited by MarcAnton; 2012-08-02 at 19:31.

These ppl r trying the best to make meego the worst supported phone ever !! But this hardly shakes the spirits of the devs !!! Keep on going devs !!!!!

Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
Vesuri, thank you for gconftool-2 command

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Philippines
Do you guys also have the 'Faster Theme' in Theme Settings, or is it just me? What does it do?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by JacobeanThomas View Post
Do you guys also have the 'Faster Theme' in Theme Settings, or is it just me? What does it do?
well f2thak's theme is called F.D.B theme/Faster theme so you must have installed it thats why its giving u the option to choose it...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-08-04 at 03:33. Reason: bi changed to "to"...typo

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
F__K Nokia, we dont need their support. Themes work. 'nuff said.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Vesuri for the reboot loop thing what i had in mind was something like what MAG has implemented in his MT-Toggles whereby if the device goes into a reboot loop, “safe mode" is activated with all plugins disabled...unfortunately due to personal reasons he has closed source it...
Safe mode is implemented in unrestricted-system-ui, not MT-Toggles.
Both are still open source and on github, with the safe mode implementation here https://github.com/harmattan/unrestr...b3148fb022977c

I'm not sure how to do something similar out of process without modifying meegotouchhome

Also I'm pretty sure appsformeego would take themechanger in

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2012-08-04 at 10:46.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
MAG themechanger is already on apps4meego since a long time

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
well f2thak's theme is called F.D.B theme/Faster theme so you must have installed it thats why its giving u the option to choose it...
I figured as much. I remember that I installed and uninstalled this before installing Theme Settings.

Maybe I uninstalled it incorrectly, or the folder wasn't removed properly. The only noticeable change when using it is that it enables landscape mode in homescreen, but the transitions didn't get any faster, or maybe I just didn't notice it.

In any case, everything is working just fine and it doesn't seem to cause any problems so far.