Notices

Originally Posted by manderss99 View Post
1. sort the category by distance with the closest pois first
2. limit the number of records from that set by a configurable number
3. present the result in that order, since you typically are interested
in pois near your location
I agree that would be super (my Garmin GPS worked like that, and it was very handy indeed). But I apreciate the programming could be tricky!
Simon.

GNUITE! Good job!!! Very GOOD!!!
But how about converting from the old format to new one?
I have lot of maps downloaded for the old version and I don't want to load it again.
Next, some users have the very poor internet... It's silly... And it's simply for you to write a converter and little bit harder for us.

When you have no time to do it, just describe the database format. What you store in gdbm and how. Do you have ideas to migrate the maps db to sqlite?
If yes, we have to download maps again?

Do you store in gdbm a picture file as is (png\jpg)? Or you store the bitmap?

Whet you yse as the db key?

UG

Is there a way to see a POI description? something faster than [long-tap], select POI, select view/edit.

Why not a setting option to show the name+description instead of just the name?

And while I'm requesting things, it would be cool to open the browser in the description contain an url.

Anyway, thx again for the app

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
maybe this was already discussed, but is there a way to calculate the route on the device, so that i don't need an internet connection for calculating routes

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Yes, it's been discussed to death.
SEARCH
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by J0ph33 View Post
maybe this was already discussed, but is there a way to calculate the route on the device, so that i don't need an internet connection for calculating routes
Download your route before the trip, and save it to the tablet then you DO NOT have to have internet for its use. If you already has a route, menu>Route>Show Distance to End of Route.

bun

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
Yes, it's been discussed to death.
SEARCH
i knew it

Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Download your route before the trip, and save it to the tablet then you DO NOT have to have internet for its use. If you already has a route, menu>Route>Show Distance to End of Route.

bun
of course...but this is not what i want...it's pretty unconfortable and spontaneity is impossible

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
it just takes some preplanning....thats all...

Weird problem here. I installed Maemo Mapper, and after toying with it for a few minutes I noticed that it was saving the maps and poi databases to the very small internal memory. Decided to switch that to /media/mmc2, but it turns out that I must set the path for each database for each repository individually! Instead, I decided to symlink .documents/Maps to /media/mmc2/MaemoMapper.
In the process of setting that up, I ended up deleting the existing maps and poi databases.

Now, when I start Maemo Mapper, an error message appears:
"Failed to open or create database:
disk or I/O error"
(And it quits)

I have deleted .maemo-mapper from my home folder, I have reverted that symlinking, I have run dpkg --purge maemo-mapper and reinstalled, I have restarted the system... NOTHING I try is restoring this situation. At this point, I am very confused. Have I bumped into a known issue? Is there a fix other than resetting the universe?

I wish to export recorded tracks automatically from Maemo-Mapper (2.4.1-os2008) and place the tracks on an web page so that I could see those later on with google-maps.

This is possible to do manually, saving tracks from the mapper application (Tracks -> Save) and then converting the gpx tracks with gpsbabel to kml.

But. I wish the device to do this automatically when I connect to my home network.

With sqlplus I can get the data out, but in the format that I do not recognize.

tracks$ echo "select * from track_path;" | sqlite3 -csv paths.db | head

What is this format and how to convert it to gpx or kml format. Or at least, is there an easy way to convert it to lat/lon/alt format? I would prefer to use gpsbabel for the conversion.

Thanks for your help.

An example of the manually exported track. This can be really helpfull when looking at the new places.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http:/...sericenter.kml

Br, Pekka

Last edited by oilinki; 2008-07-23 at 09:10.