Hello all,

I have a Nokia N9 which I bought which is stuck in a bootloop.

When connected to a charger or USB port with the cable the phone boots up then after a couple of seconds reboots and keeps repeating this process.

I was going to flash the phone with the firmware using Nokia Flasher v3.12.1 but as it automatically powers on and keeps rebooting there is not enough time for the drivers to install and Nokia Flasher never gets out of "waiting..." status.

Is there anything I can do to reflash this phone?

Is it impossible due to the continual rebooting?

I read somewhere about a cold flash, is this the solution for this phone?

Hope someone can help.

Regards,

fbagnato

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbagnato For This Useful Post:
Have to have a think on this, have you held power button down for 10 secs to make sure device is actually off? You would need to put it into R&D mode to flash:
Code:
flasher --enable-rd-mode --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset
After flashing need to use:
Code:
flasher --disable-rd-mode
P.S. Was in a bit of a hurry this am so will check line of code later

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Hello aspergerguy,

I must apologise for not replying sooner but I was expecting an email if anyone answered my post and I did not get one so I presumed that no-one posted on the thread.

Thanks very much for replying to the post.

I managed to turn the phone off by holding the power key down for 10 seconds but then the phone doesn't charge or turn on at all no matter what buttons I press.

So, if I turn it off it doesn't charge and if I leave it on it continually boots.

As Windows doesn't have enough time to install the drivers the first flasher command you provided remains in a "Waiting..." status and doesn't actually start doing its thing.

This of course only happens when I do not force a power off for 10 seconds. When I do force a power off for 10 seconds then the phone doesn't connect to the computer at all.

I'm really stuck I think and don't know if anything can be done. Would appreciate your's or someone else's feedback on the situation I am facing.

Regards,

fbagnato

The Following User Says Thank You to fbagnato For This Useful Post:
Probably clutching at straws now, but have you thought of trying Harmattan flasher under Linux as could always run from a Live USB stick?

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
The battery might be critically low, try using, modifying, or making an external charger. A freestanding implementation of the Li-ion smart charge circuit which can be harvested for charging your battery is found in freestanding phone battery chargers and e-cigarette chargers as well as online stores for a low price in most cases.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Hello aspergerguy and biketool,

Thanks for both of your replies.

aspergerguy: I tried your suggestion to run the flasher in Linux but exactly the same thing happened; the phone kept rebooting and the flasher stayed in the "Waiting..." status.

biketool; I tried charging the phone with the wall charger and it made no difference.

Regards,

fbagnato

Originally Posted by fbagnato View Post
When I do force a power off for 10 seconds then the phone doesn't connect to the computer at all.
Have you tried a different data cable and are using USB 2 not USB 3?

The Following User Says Thank You to aspergerguy For This Useful Post:
Hi aspergerguy,

Yep, tried another cable and same thing, continual rebooting.

Regards,

fbagnato