Notices

Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
Is there Harmattan version?
Not yet. But my greedy fingers is holding an N950 as I type this

However, I prioritized porting another app to Harmattan first (something new and hitherto unreleased), since the trick is that ZapLoc is all pygame for UI, and there is no pygame for Harmattan......... yet.

When there is one, porting it will be supertrivial, only have to change the geolocation logic - if even that.

The alternative is to rewrite it to QT, which is a WAY bigger task.

/Z

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Anyone else install Zaploc and find all of the green buttons in the dialog windows are blank with no text in them?

Is this some sort of problem with the pygame dependencies? No errors were reported during the install and the app does function just fine. Just got to guess what each green button does...

Here's a pic...

Last edited by cddiede; 2011-08-19 at 14:42. Reason: Adding a pic

Yep, it's the same for me...

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Anyone else install Zaploc and find all of the green buttons in the dialog windows are blank with no text in them?

Last edited by eladts; 2011-08-20 at 04:16.

Another problem I have is that sometimes ZapLoc updates Google Latitude with accuracy = 0, even if the actual fix is from cell towers and its real accuracy is about 1-2 km. It seem to happen mostly when another program is also using location services. Running the update daemon in verbose mode shows that it does get the correct accuracy, it just somehow doesn't post it.

Last edited by eladts; 2011-08-20 at 14:36.

Another issue I have is that I also use Mappero with Google Maps tiles. Both Mappero and ZapLoc save the tiles in the same format and hierarchical structure, but in different subdirectories of /home/user/MyDocs/.maps - Mappero usese GoogleVector and ZapLoc uses "Google Maps". The best solution would be for both programs to use the same directory, but untill such agreement is made ZapLoc can check if the GoogleVector directory exists and use it if so.

Yes, I've seen those green buttons too and fixed it with 'apt-get install pygame' or something like that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fleetwood For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fleetwood View Post
Yes, I've seen those green buttons too and fixed it with 'apt-get install pygame' or something like that.
Yep, that fixed the problem. The exact command is 'apt-get install python-pygame'.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by eladts View Post
Both Mappero and ZapLoc save the tiles in the same format and hierarchical structure, but in different subdirectories of /home/user/MyDocs/.maps
Actually, the best solution would be for Mappero to use the name of the service, which is in fact Google Maps. Navit, ModRana, and several other map programs all use "Google Maps" as the folder name. Mappero is the odd ma out here.

You could also just copy the contents of one into the other, and setup a sym-link for one of them to follow. Then they'll share the data just fine from there out.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by raverpol View Post
I have problem with this amazing program. had to change fb password and now can't connect to fb places. when I tap attached services settings it tries to conect to fb account but can't do that so refreshing is over and over and over. I tried to uninstall and install again but with no better result. what can I do to fix it with fb account?
somehow I helped with it by myself

Last edited by raverpol; 2011-08-22 at 23:44.

I have another problem: after some time ZapLoc stops updating Google latitude when moving more than 150m. It usually happens while driving and when another navigation progrm is on. I tried running zaploc-daemon -v, and it looks that when this happens the daemon calculates the movement to be very small, even while driving. After this happens the only way to make the daemon update Google Latitude again is killing it.,removing /home/.user/.zaploc/lock.dat and restarting the daemon. Maybe it measures from the last GPS data and not from the last Google Latitude update?

Last edited by eladts; 2011-08-23 at 02:20.