Hey, hope someone can help me as my N900 was running great and now it isn't!

Since my phone updated itself yesterday (25\05), whenever I press on conversations, then press New IM, a box appears that says (No Contacts). It didn't used to do this, it used to display all my msn contacts that were on and offline.

I'm using the Pidgin Protocols Plugin for MSN, and always have. This is only something that happened since yesterday. MSN still works fine, I can talk to people and they can talk to me, its just a much more lengthy process to try and see who is and isn't online.

Why can't I see any contacts on the new IM list?? I hope someone can help, thanks guys

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
I have exactly the same problem, I flashed the emmc, I´m using pecan, and when I press the new IM button, a pop up message appears that says no contacts... I dont know if its a problem with the new PR 1.2 cause i restored all my contacts and pecan wont recognize them.

iam having the same problem with all of the im plug-ins yahoo,msn,the only contacts i can see is the facebook contacts does anybody know how to fix it

same problem here.

Yeah, these all sound like the problem i'm experiencing.

I tried deleting the msn account from the phone and re-adding it. This just led to msn re-adding all my contacts in my contacts list, but not when you press the new IM button. Now my contact lists very untidy, as people have their own original contact card with their msn address in it, plus a new seperate entry for just the newly re-added msn contact, which annoyed me greatly and didn't solve the problem

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
I can't even install the extra protocols plugin anymore but I'm having the same problem with not being able to select my skype contacts from conversations as well.

Edit: Had to disable extras-devel and then install my extra protocols plugin to make it work.
But I do see my online/away contacts now in my conversations -> new IM.

Last edited by tlex26; 2010-05-27 at 05:34. Reason: Found a fsolution for my secundary problem.

My MSN pecan working normally , but i have another problem related to it.

When i enter to Contacts and start scrolling fast to the end. it will close with message ( internal error, contacts closing).

If i disable MSN ( which disable msn contacts from my contacts) the contacts application will not closed?!!!!!!

Any help?

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post
My MSN pecan working normally , but i have another problem related to it.

When i enter to Contacts and start scrolling fast to the end. it will close with message ( internal error, contacts closing).

If i disable MSN ( which disable msn contacts from my contacts) the contacts application will not closed?!!!!!!

Any help?
I fixed that by re-importing a contacts backup, but something is wrong there yeh.

Does anyone have a definate fix for this then, or know what it was that caused the problem?

I'd like to make my msn contacts re-appear in the new IM screen but have no idea how.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
got the same prob.i posted it 10 times but no clear soulution.so...what the hell is going on???

Nobody likes us but we dont care....