Active Topics

I'm guessing Nov 19th..

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
I would say, just wait and see.

Anyhow, the current OS version is doing a great job over here. By the way, you still have to wait for the applications to be converted towards Chinook, isn't it.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
... provided Python is ported to ITOS2008 first, obviously.
Python is already ported for maemo. Take a look at pymaemo.garage.maemo.org

Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by janjansenbe View Post
.... By the way, you still have to wait for the applications to be converted towards Chinook, isn't it.
Yep... but I think many developers would like to have the OS in hand to test their updated app on. Right now many just have to "fly blind" and get confirmation from people who happen to have an N810 or pre-released OS2008. Personally I think we'll see the majority of the porting start once the OS is available to everyone.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Yep... but I think many developers would like to have the OS in hand to test their updated app on. Right now many just have to "fly blind" and get confirmation from people who happen to have an N810 or pre-released OS2008. Personally I think we'll see the majority of the porting start once the OS is available to everyone.
Indeed, so there are 3 possible ways to go:

1. just stick with the current release
2. upgrade asap the OS2008 is available
3. if you rely on particular software, wait until it's ported and tested, and upgrade to OS2008 and install the particular software on top.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Khertan View Post
Python is already ported for maemo. Take a look at pymaemo.garage.maemo.org
I know. I was -- how to say it? -- "trying to score": Interpreted applications are not immune from platform shift, they're just affected differently.

It really depends on the application now doesn't it? Since Python is majority platform independent, it would have to be some hardcore code for it to run into some strong issues. That would be like saying PHP applications are for the most part, not portable from server to server.

Originally Posted by Moonshine View Post
Hmm... this Wednesday? Next Wednesday? Wednesday December 5th?

And what might this be based on?
Once it's not the Wednesday after " Duke Nukem Forever " is released.....

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
no it's the wednesday before.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by BOFH View Post
Once it's not the Wednesday after " Duke Nukem Forever " is released.....
Oh crap. We're so screwed...