Active Topics

Currently 2SDs: internal 1gb, formatted by installtools to 3 partitions, and removable 16gb, whole 16gb fat32 partition;
pb starts with nice bar and scanning process (if i quickly remove the onscreen keyboard on start, otherwise says 'esc pressed' after scanning)
then I click OK on clone, see fast running text and the message I wrote in a window.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Try running it as user from ssh, see if its still failing for you? It might be the onscreen keyboard of 800. I will try to test tomorrow
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-12-21 at 06:46.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
I have my partitions booting off internal memory using a swap partition on external memory.
How do I do this? I already can boot from external memory with a swap partition created. How to use the swap partition when I boot from internal memory? thank you!

Edit: don't bother to answer. I found the answer (it seems that I can't delete this message?)

Last edited by pton; 2008-12-21 at 09:32. Reason: found answer.

I'm using N800, diablo 43-7 version.
Installation: no problem.
Run pb: in window mode gives "Esc pressed" error, and back to prompt immediately. Runs fine in full screen mode.
Run Backup: I have both internal (8 gb with 3 partition) and external mmc (1gb). It only allow me to select mmcblk0 (1GB ext2 partition on internal card which contains my clone). I can't back up to internat fat partition or external card.
Run Bootmenu: My boot menu was wiped out after upgrading from 36-5 to 43-7. After run, reboot, and choose to boot up from internal card (it says mmc6), it fail to boot up (my internal card clone is still 36-5, cloned using install-tool). Do I have to re-clone? I would like to avoid re-cloning because I have installed different apps and configured differently from internal flash.
Run Swap: configured flash bootup to use swap partition on internal card. Reboot and seems ok.

Edit: After rebooting and re-running backup, it now always skip the 'select target' dialog, and displays an error dialog;You have selected to backup all data on /dev/mtdblock4 to Error: Expected at least 7 tokens for --radiolist, have 4 . ..."

Last edited by pton; 2008-12-21 at 14:27. Reason: More error on backup

I hit into more problems. Now whenever I run "pb", I got the error "sh: 1670: unknown operand". clone won't work. I also got the following error when I run "fdisk -l":
Error: /dev/mtdblock0: unrecognized disk label
Error: /dev/mtdblock1: unrecognized disk label (repeat until /dev/mtdblock4).

Any advice how to fix this? Thank you!

Last edited by pton; 2008-12-21 at 14:28.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Its weird that I can't download this deb from my device. Instead of downloading, the browser opens the file and all I see is a bunch of gibberish. So I download on my pc and transfer to my device.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
Its weird that I can't download this deb from my device. Instead of downloading, the browser opens the file and all I see is a bunch of gibberish. So I download on my pc and transfer to my device.
hold your stylus on the link, when the menu pops up, select save target as.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

If your having trouble on N800 can you try from ssh and see if there is a difference??

Also run: maemo-list-user-packages from xterm and let me know the output.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
hold your stylus on the link, when the menu pops up, select save target as.
I already dl using my pc and copied the deb over and installation seemed to have went fine. I am able to start the menu. My new problem is as mentioned in this post below;

Originally Posted by pton View Post
I hit into more problems. Now whenever I run "pb", I got the error "sh: 1670: unknown operand". clone won't work. I also got the following error when I run "fdisk -l":
Error: /dev/mtdblock0: unrecognized disk label
Error: /dev/mtdblock1: unrecognized disk label (repeat until /dev/mtdblock4).

Any advice how to fix this? Thank you!
I have an N810. I want to clone the latest firmware to my internal 2gb card.

Originally Posted by FRZ View Post
I already dl using my pc and copied the deb over and installation seemed to have went fine. I am able to start the menu. My new problem is as mentioned in this post below;

I have an N810. I want to clone the latest firmware to my internal 2gb card.
Please provide the output for the following commands.

maemo-list-user-packages

fdisk -l

parted /dev/mmcblk0 print all

Tags
bootmenu, bootmenu-installer, install-tools, mgmt-tools