Posts: 141 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by sirpaul View Post
EDIT 1: the autoconnection issue (n900 + headset claiim they are connected, but there is no sound, even via phonespeaker) remains
It's connected and sound is directed to the bluez but it's not allowed to go through.
I know this situation. Configuration change is needed (it should be included in the deb package but maybe you deny it during bluez upgrade) as some defaults changed between bluez versions (patches 202 and 203):

1) /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf (I think this is the most important)
Code:
Enable=Gateway,Socket,Sink,Source
Code:
AutoConnect=true

2) /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf
Code:
  <!-- allow users of bluetooth group to communicate with hcid -->
  <policy group="bluetooth">
    <allow send_destination="org.bluez"/>
  </policy>
Code:
  <policy context="default">
    <allow send_destination="org.bluez"/>
  </policy>
Feel free to contact me on IRC #maemo-ssu

The Following User Says Thank You to luf For This Useful Post:
thanks!

i checked the code above in the files, but they were all included, during installation i gave also permissions to replace.

But i think the second eror (spontaneous connection disrupts in phone calls) is gone. (although further testing is needed)

The Following User Says Thank You to sirpaul For This Useful Post:
i checked the code above in the files, but they were all included, during installation i gave also permissions to replace.
I'm trying to upgrade bluez on my device.
But what about bluetoothd debug (/etc/event.d/bluetoothd: exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d '*')?
I know it's very stupid question but had you rebooted your N900 after bluez upgrade? Maybe it should help to also kill obexd + stop bluetoothd + remove content of /var/lib/bluetooth + reboot + re-pair it.

EDIT1: hmmm it works for me (but I'm using HF not head set - calling, media player, system sounds) without any changed Jabra SP700. I also tested it with HF VW Touch Adapter.

EDIT2: WTF I even don't see the problem with BT name ... strange - maybe the reason is that I didn't remove content of /var/lib/bluetooth - next idea is that last time I used thumb flag on during compilation

EDIT3: for sure I'll stay on bluez-4.99 right now It's cool. Thanks sirpaul. I hope we'll fix your problem.

EDIT4: I find some bug report in debian: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugre...?bug=663955#10
I'm not fully sure but maybe you faced similar problem. Please try add line "Disable=Media" to the /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
If it doesn't help you can try play with other options in audio.conf

Last edited by luf; 2012-09-18 at 13:06.

Thanks a lot for your help.
But i tried today a call and the connection headset-phone was interrupted after 6mins (it lasted a few days ago 20mins without any problem).

now i have added "Disable=Media" directly under [General] in the file (what about "Enable=Socket" which was also suggested?)
and deleted content of /var/lib/bluetooth, rebooted and re-paired it (would it have changed anything if i have killed/stopped the processes from above?).

does /etc/event.d/bluetoothd: exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d enable bt debugging or just gives the results? and how to disable it (when it is "debugged")?

result: auto connection does still not work (as described above); phoning is still being tested.

But i tried today a call and the connection headset-phone was interrupted after 6mins (it lasted a few days ago 20mins without any problem).
Isn't the problem it too much noisy environment (I mean too many wifi and bluetooth connection so there is problem with connection).

now i have added "Disable=Media" directly under [General] in the file (what about "Enable=Socket" which was also suggested?)
Enable=Socket is already in the config file (at least should be):
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...4&postcount=41

deleted content of /var/lib/bluetooth, rebooted and re-paired it (would it have changed anything if i have killed/stopped the processes from above?).
I'm not sure if bluetoothd write something to the /var/lib/bluetooth during exiting. So that's the reason I suggested to kill the processes.

does /etc/event.d/bluetoothd: exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d enable bt debugging or just gives the results? and how to disable it (when it is "debugged")?
No exactly. It's old syntax. The new one is:
Code:
exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d '*'
I stop debugging the opposite way as enabling it. Change the /etc/event.d/bluetoothd (remove -d '*') and reboot. If it's enough to stop writing logs I stop the sysklogd: stop sysklogd.

BTW from source code it should be enough to just send SIGUSR2 signal to bluetoothd process to start/stop debugging.

result: auto connection does still not work (as described above); phoning is still being tested.
I don't get it. You're able to call using BT headphone (so you have to be able to connect) but you're not able to autoconnect. What does exactly autoconnect mean? It seems I never tested autoconnect.

I'll appreciate if you upload logs from bluez 4.99.

does anyone know if jabra halo2 works with n900?

Originally Posted by luf View Post
Isn't the problem it too much noisy environment (I mean too many wifi and bluetooth connection so there is problem with connection).
I see some comments about it at: http://mg.pov.lt/maemo-ssu-irclog/%2...10-08.log.html

It starts on DocScrutinizer05 at 04:14. Please take a look and test it with WIFI off.

BTW there were some bugs reported so I uploaded the last version yesterday. So if you want to try bluez-4.99 I suggest you to install the new packages (same version - as experimental - new date).

I hope you'll share the results.

hmm, the noisy environment is not the problem, because it happens to me also being @ home which is quite detached, there are max. 2 wifis (both quite weak) and no bt (well, except mine^^).

thanks, i ll give it a try.
is the code "Disable=Media" (added by me according to your suggestion) also included, because this line fixed teh main error?

autoconnect:
it should work this way: enable phone's bt and headset and (if they are paired) they will connect without doing anything (worked in 1 of 10 cases with kp v49).
on the other hand, manual connect works by going BT (statusbar)-> devices -> configure (device must be marked) -> connect; then leave the menu. works every time

thanks, i ll give it a try.
is the code "Disable=Media" (added by me according to your suggestion) also included, because this line fixed teh main error?
The config line "Disable=Media" isn't included in new release as you didn't post that this fixed your problem.
Can you please confirm that "Disable=Media" fixed your problem with disconnecting? I'll add it into the default config after I see the confirmation.

autoconnect:
it should work this way: enable phone's bt and headset and (if they are paired) they will connect without doing anything (worked in 1 of 10 cases with kp v49).
on the other hand, manual connect works by going BT (statusbar)-> devices -> configure (device must be marked) -> connect; then leave the menu. works every time
Strange it works for me. Can you please debug it and upload the logs?

i installed the new version and it still has the error (it stutters and gets worse until the connection is completely lost).

and the line "Disable=Media" is still in the file (/etc/bluetooth/audio.conf). so obviously it does nothing (relevant) to the error. (sorry for saying to early "hurrah")

okay, i have entered the code (exec /usr/sbin/bluetoothd -n -d '*'), reproduced both bugs (autoconnection and connectionloss at call) but how do i get the logs?