Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
And what's even more funny is that the only thing that's preventing this is that Nokia hasn't hildonized it's own built-in programs to follow theme coloring all the way. For example they have made calendar to follow background color set by theme but then they have hard coded some font colors NOT to follow what theme is telling to use :-/

I don't know why they have chosen that path in severall apps included in N900. Since they already made the programs to take some colors from theme, why on earth they didn't make same trick for all other elements...
Its the Nokia way, but theme designers always get blamed for themes looking bad when someone doesn't hildonize a program right. People used to always report bugs on my themes because Tear used not to be hildonized right and they couldn't read some text.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Your NOSTO and itheme have a great potential themes, if and when they are finished.

D.Livil's Istylephone theme is a NICE one but it needs some colors added to it!!!!

I'm hoping sooner rather than later!! Sick and tired of the dark themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
For me even making a theme for N900 is hard. Making it light is even harder.

I've been trying my best with Nosto Theme, but I had to stop developing as I didn't find PR1.2 template anywhere (theme has no virtual keyboard). If someone can help me with this problem I will continue that theme as it's very incomplete now.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Hi folks!

I'm curious, is there a decent theme that utilizies light colours (or plain white) as its dominant color?

I've tried several themes from both the repos and ovi store, but none of them looked actually better than the default NSeries theme.

The closest to what I'd like were Nosto and the iStyle Light themes, although both had some stuff that I didn't like in them. Perhaps if we comined them, we could get a perfect one? I dunno. I also sort of liked the appearance of the Harmattan UI demo, but it is impossible to get to work on Maemo 5.

Is there anyone else who likes light themes and feels the same way?
im with you......all my smartphones are either pure/plain black, or white background and themes.....maybe we should request one from the theme developers like D-livil, joppu and others......who can tell? maybe they have different variations and art of WHITE???

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
the black and white theme in the ovi store is probably the best place to start

Last edited by F2thaK; 2010-06-17 at 14:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Norway
iStyle Light theme is a good one, BUT Conversations font colors of the "contact" makes it "I cant use it". The black version is a notch better but I think Im waiting for Carbon theme (even if its dark) to be stable and in Extras. Good post.

"Sex is not the answer. Sex is the question. Yes is the answer..."

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by inidrog View Post
iStyle Light theme is a good one, BUT Conversations font colors of the "contact" makes it "I cant use it". The black version is a notch better but I think Im waiting for Carbon theme (even if its dark) to be stable and in Extras. Good post.
Could you kindly be more accurate and point out what is the color on this screenie that makes conversations "I can't use it" -state? If it's just some color you don't like, please feel free to propose some other color to use
Attached Images

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

yes, but seems BUGY and needs to be updated!!

i.e virtual keyboard, slide and open desktop screen..

Do you have it fully functioning?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
the black and white theme in the ovi store is probably the best place to start

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
I think the Istyle themes have to much shadow on buttons and such, i love the nosto theme and would love to have it completed.

Nosto theme for me too, the developer needs to get it finished!! Common developer..

Itheme is another unfinished NICE theme!!

Originally Posted by antezz View Post
I think the Istyle themes have to much shadow on buttons and such, i love the nosto theme and would love to have it completed.

Which itheme is unfinished ??

I'm alternating between iStyle Lightphone and Dlivil's Bright Blue and am quite happy ATM....

*edit* I love the shadowed, detailed buttons on the iStyle themes ! Makes a flat touchscreen seem so much more....tactile and interesting.