Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Here's straight-forward English for you, Grumpy Smurf.
Were you talking to me?

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I saw no definite dates; yet you wish for me to follow your opinion and discard my own opinion.

I can't be the only person that see the ****ing irony in that.
well, my opinions are backed up by Andres comment in the bugtracker, but of course you can always choose whatever you want to believe.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Keir View Post
surely it can't be over that. It looks like such a crap thing.
Yeah, and that angry man scetched picture looks like someone that wants to take a dump.

But I think he's so angry because:

The N900 bluetooth hardly works at all with most car handsfree kits.

The N900 has no flash 10.1 and Nokia doesn't announce any news about it.

The N900 has like 10 crappy and buggy games in the ovi store, he has waited for like 5 months for the 3d rollercoaster rush and the iPhone users are already bored with it.

The N900 USB OTG support was dropped by Nokia.

Most N900 applications suffer from audio skipping when the screen starts dimming.

Last edited by Larswad; 2010-07-28 at 13:30.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Do you think that they will announce some things for the N900 in the Nokia Event which is very soon?

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Do you think that they will announce some things for the N900 in the Nokia Event which is very soon?

They will focus on the N8, you can count on that.

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
maybe he is mad because he is the the guy who messed up the spelling on this nokia china sign.

http://www.geekologie.com/2010/07/27/nokia-fail.jpg

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
maybe he is mad because he is the the guy who messed up the spelling on this nokia china sign.
http://www.geekologie.com/2010/07/27/nokia-fail.jpg
What
PS. It should have the Nokia Hands with the poopie between them lol
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yes i find it really funny that they're "connocting poopie". Thats pretty bad when you cant even get a basic sign right.

The Following User Says Thank You to optimistprime For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
well, my opinions are backed up by Andres comment in the bugtracker, but of course you can always choose whatever you want to believe.
You do know that further builds of Diablo existed that never came out, right? I'm sure more knowledgeable folks will answer that for you.

Some fixed portions of the still existing problems in that platform. There were fixes that were done on Nokia's side that never came out. That's why the Community SSU exists - the fixes never came out but they existed.

And re-read Andre's answer. He has a disclaimer about how Nokia has no guarantee of when/if those fixes will come out.

So again, I'm falling back on prior experience and the fact that they have yet to come out yet. Thus, vaporware.

Believe whomever you wish that justifies your position. I truly hope they do come out. But at the same time, I have no expectation that they will. Been there, done that before.

Either way, I don't wish anybody harm. Those fixes need to come out or need to be made available.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Yes, there was a reply to the comment of wampyre. The arguments were reversed. The one for the LED flash was far-fetched. At the rest of them I was able to agree.

EDIT: Oh, the two of mine are also removed. But they were already approved and there about 6 hours ago.

Is this already the next (small) Nokia misstep?
Hi, Helmuth (+ everyone else in this thread!)

My name is Niini and I work with the Ovi Blog. Sorry for my belated reply, but I wanted to clear out the issue of missing comments discussed in this thread. Between Sunday July 18th and Monday July 19th we experienced some issues with the server that hosts the Ovi Blog. The Blog was actually down for a short period of time, and during Sunday and Monday some of our already approved comments to this post in question (and to some of our other posts as well) were pushed back to the 'Pending' queue. We noticed this late Monday evening and by Tuesday morning (Finnish time ) we had approved *all* the incoming comments.

I want to make this very clear: we here at the Ovi Blog do not delete comments based on their content; we welcome all and every opinion and want to encourage, not stifle discussion. So my deepest apologies for the Ovi Blog #serverfailpanic last week =) I will also repeat what my colleague Pino said in the comments section of the post: we're absolutely listening to your feedback and have forwarded all of the N900 comments to the responsible team.

Also, the "Old School" comic is simply something nice we wanted to do to our fans who follow the Blog and keep showing us their support So if any of you are still interested, tune in this Friday to see what we have come up with!

-Niini

Last edited by Ovi_Blog; 2010-07-29 at 11:18. Reason: Repetition in 2nd sentence in 1st paragraph

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ovi_Blog For This Useful Post:

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?