Active Topics

I think the Ovi Blog is doing a good job, you're promoting the Ovi goods and services and that's great. Let's get real - writing anything positive about Ovi is a tough job at times so all you Ovi Blog-ians should be applauded for the effort

"To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go"

For 90% fo the Ovi users, ie those with Symbian based handsets, Ovi Blog is relevent and your updates are useful. But there's a dichotomy with Ovi, there's the plentiful feast available at the Symbian table, but only a light snack at the Maemo buffet. And what's there has been sitting out uncovered for days and it don't look too appetising either.

You already know from the comments here that the Maemo side of Ovi feels pretty close to neglected. So when Angry Man in the comic shreds his map to use the orienteering bliss of Symbian's Ovi Maps, it's more likely the N900 owner is throwing his handset in the bin and rooting around in the back of the cupboard for the old atlas his great grandfather left behind after the war. The sail voyage maps of Columbus before discovering America are probably more accurate and useful. For some odd reason Ovi Maps keeps reporting I am in the middle of the Irish sea and I promise I am not that good a swimmer..

So anyway I'd say keep up the good job, the negative comments here do not reflect on you and what you do Rather, it's aimed at the frustration of how little of what you do that we can get involved with and enjoy as well. Pity us little urchins as we reach our empty step 4 of 5 N900 shaped bowl towards you and meagerly ask "Please blog... may we have some more?"

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
I have to say I agree with Milhouse, flashy cartoons are all good and well, but its the product you guys need to focus on - not advertising.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by itsANDREW View Post
I think it's nice of you to stop by, but as of right now to me(no offense), you sound like nothing more than some PR rep that Nokia has sent to these boards in efforts to bring peace for whatever reason - whether it's to gain back a small portion of your customers or simply to just retain Nokia's image.

I know for a fact that I'm not the first disappointed customer you've heard, but I also know that I won't be the last. If all you can do is "pass/forward the message on to the correct team(s)", then that means you basically have no power whatsoever in changing our situations. Why bother intervening then? PR, simply PR. I'm not denying that it's not important because it certainly is, but we're already past that now - don't you think?

But this isn't to be confused with the fact that I know that no single person has the power to change our positions. I just wish it were someone here that is actually on the team or in charge of such, that could possibly influence the direction where this is all heading. Personally, I don't see that happening with someone from the Ovi Blog "forwarding" our comments and suggestions. Why? Because I know for a fact that we've been heard, but after all this time, I believe we're just being ignored.

&add:

I'll start believing when I start seeing REAL results. Not overpriced apps on the Ovi store, false promises, or being some 'ghost' that just lurks around giving the impression that "Nokia still listens!" but forgetting to add the part that "What goes in one ear, goes out the other".

Sugar coat your responses any way you want, but I know for a fact that you're not capable of changing any of this. All you can do is preserve Nokia's image because you're either employed or affiliated with them. In the real world where we live, at least where I live, I deal with reality and the way things really are - not the way it's presented to me by someone else.

-- My intention isn't to offend or make this personal, but all my words are towards the general direction of the Ovi team.
Hi, itsANDREW!

No offense taken I can assure you, though, that no one sent me here (I came here to take part in the discussion because I wanted to), nor am I just repeating PR phrases (I don't work @ PR). It was not my intention to come off as a "sugar-coater" (is that even a word?), I just simply wanted to clear out misconceptions, period. Also, perhaps I shouldn't have used the word 'lurk', because we here (meaning: not just me) do more than just follow discussions (here and on other forums); we use the information to change things, and this is a fact. Sometimes it takes a while, sometimes it doesn't; sometimes it's something big, sometimes it's a small (but crucial) fix.

I suppose all I can ask you & everyone to do is believe me when I say that we are (again, not just me, but team after team after team) working at improving our products constantly, and if you don't believe me, well... that's obviously within your rights as well. We will just have to show it then in a concrete way. And this is exactly what we're working towards. You have my word

-Niini

Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
@Ovi_Blog

Could I publicly ask you something?

Do you yourself, anyone you know or work with, actually use the N900?
I mean as a daily phone, not just as a test bench.
Hi, James_Littler!

Of course you can, and I will answer publicly: of course I do I would have to be quite full of myself to march over to a forum about Maemo if I don't even own or use a Maemo device, eh? I use my N900 (and my N97 mini, just for work email though) religiously, and so do about all of the people I work with. And yes, I use mine every day. You can see for yourself what my N900 baby looks like She haz bling... It's kind of unfinished, though, because I ran out of supplies just a couple of rows before the bottom... and I should probably add some kind of a "don't try this at home"-disclaimer to that as well, LOL...

-Niini

The Following User Says Thank You to Ovi_Blog For This Useful Post:
@kojacker: Thanks, I really appreciate that

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by Ovi_Blog View Post
I use my N900 (and my N97 mini, just for work email though) religiously, and so do about all of the people I work with. And yes, I use mine every day. You can see for yourself what my N900 baby looks like She haz bling... It's kind of unfinished, though, because I ran out of supplies just a couple of rows before the bottom... and I should probably add some kind of a "don't try this at home"-disclaimer to that as well, LOL...
I think you've just elevated your status to Forum Hero with that bling/armor

Cheers
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
ouch...Niini's N900 has a face that only a mother could love..(

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
ouch...Niini's N900 has a face that only a mother could love..(
Heey! Not true! It just needs one final row of bling and then she'll be perfect-o

Originally Posted by ysss View Post

Cheers
Yes, that's some serious bling. Could that be made into an accessory set - available through OVI?

Originally Posted by ysss View Post

Cheers
LOL! Cool... I wonder what I should do with my newly-acquired superpowers...

Tags
bought n900, misstep, n900 owner, nokia, ovi store, ovitards, shitty comics, wtf comics!?