Active Topics

I'd like to make openoffice full screen. In this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Z__mepK-Y

at 1:35, running openoffice, there is a shot of a systembar drop-down menu that has a "maximize" option that works with openoffice.

So far, it seems when I set "Set Debian HW Keys" (after running oowriter in console), I don't get the traditional minus-fullscreenbutton toggle.

Could a veteran user tell me the name of that app in youtube? Or point me in another direction?

Many thanks,
Jake

Last edited by jakfish; 2015-03-01 at 16:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakfish For This Useful Post:
I think its "advanced brightness". Do you use ASUI? If so, you can add a command button to toggle apps between normal and maximized. Scroll to "Toggle Fullscreen button" at http://asui.garage.maemo.org/buttons.html#commands. You create the command in asui-settings, then use edit buttons or edit widgets inside ASUI to show the command button and place it somewhere on the first page, unless you want to swipe to the second page to use.

Edit: I think the menu was opening from the applet to the left of advanced brightness, no idea what that one is.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Thank you for the tip. I do run ASUI and I put in the full screen command. It works, for example, with other open windows like xterm.

But openoffice remains full-screen-less.

I run Diablo Turbo and find this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1355216

(post #215)

But even if there's a hardware problem, it would seem that your command should work anyway.

Jake

The Following User Says Thank You to jakfish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 915 | Thanked: 3,209 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Germany
I guess the most basic way of doing this would be via wmctrl [1].
Run the following in a terminal and switch to the OO window within 5 seconds:
Code:
sleep 5; wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,fullscreen
If this works you can try more comfortable methods. If it doesn't work OO is not your real problem.

[1] http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...free/w/wmctrl/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sulu For This Useful Post:
Try changing the ":ACTIVE:" to "whatever text is in the titlebar". It is case-sensitive and needs to be exact, and don't include the two colons that are around ACTIVE. It may be that open office is some how not the active window. If that works, you can remove the sleep from the command.

Edit: You can also replace ":ACTIVE:" with ":SELECT:" and tap on the window after running the command.

Last edited by auouymous; 2015-03-02 at 10:09.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Success--thanks to you both. sulu's "...add,fullscreen" headed me in the right direction and auouymous helped me get the commands working in his great app.

Oddly enough, I never could get the standard minus-fullscreenbutton working. The .xbindkeysrc.scm just didn't work, so I replaced it with .xbindkeysrc, with only:

"wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b toggle,fullscreen"
F6

and that puts me in good shape.

To get xbindkeys running, I used various scripts based on:

xbindkeys
sleep 1
debbie oowriter /media/mmc1/chapter1.doc

I find that calling a document makes things load easier into openoffice.

Since I just use icedove's addressbook [which syncs nicely with google contacts with gcontactsync.xpi add-on] "icedove --addressbook" cuts down on start time.

Again, thank you for your fast, effective help. I have at last a real word processor and a true PIM.
Jake

I'm confused, the same command worked when bound to the fullscreen key but not from ASUI's command button? Did you have the command button set to unmap ASUI?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Sorry--I may have mixed apples and oranges. The minus-fullscreenbutton is a feature within lxde, and that was what never worked. The ASUI/.xbindkeysrc workarounds are what saved the day.

Jake

Tags
diablo turbo, openoffice