Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The thread "Why huge firmware releases instead of single packages?" with eight posts has been merged into this thread.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Bump... this doesn't get nearly the attention it deserves. Nokia - take a look at the way extras-devel and extras-testing works. Why wouldn't the same model work for bugfixes to the OS? You could still package all the fixes in massive firmware updates, but could get far more valuable feedback by releasing the "internal builds" to extras-devel (or a similar repository) for testing.

There... I said it. Not that anyone of influence will read it, but to me it is just common sense.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Bumping again...Come on people MAKE SOME NOISE!!! lol

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
Bumping again...Come on people MAKE SOME NOISE!!! lol
Just to annoy you (actually, it annoys me too):

Google splits Gmail and Android.

"Gmail updates aren’t tied to Android version releases anymore. Now you can get new Gmail stuff faster without having to wait for system updates," the company said in a blog post.
This is what Nokia should be doing with most of their apps. No chance of it happening for Maemo5 of course, but it should be the norm for Maemo6 and MeeGo.