Active Topics

I don't understand why there should be three ways to zoom in the browser. It makes the function of the top buttons inconsistent since they normally controls the volume.

I think that the double-tap or the circular movement is enough to zoom in, and when zoomed in, another double tap should bring the page back to normal size (pixel for pixel).

Let the top buttons control the volume.

The Following User Says Thank You to bactius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lancashire
I like the top buttons for zooming, lets get the os changed so the circular movement adjusts the volume

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by bactius View Post
I don't understand why there should be three ways to zoom in the browser. It makes the function of the top buttons inconsistent since they normally controls the volume.

I think that the double-tap or the circular movement is enough to zoom in, and when zoomed in, another double tap should bring the page back to normal size (pixel for pixel).

Actually, the top buttons have always been zoom buttons going back to previous models. Most applications use it for zoom when it makes sense and volume for when it makes sense.

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by bactius View Post
There already exists a bug regarding this. Feel free to vote for it (but keep the discussion in this forum and not in the bugzilla)!

Ciao jukey

Me on twitter

Posts: 246 | Thanked: 204 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Potsdam (Germany)
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Actually, the top buttons have always been zoom buttons going back to previous models. Most applications use it for zoom when it makes sense and volume for when it makes sense.
If a website get's smaller because you try to lower the volume level it doesen't make sense - imho.

For me it would be the best solution to have a general switch in the tablets settings:
  • Use hardware buttons every time to control volume if a headset is connected/plugged
  • Use hardware buttons every time to control volume
  • Never use the buttons to change the volume
  • let the application decide what to do with the buttons

Ciao jukey

Me on twitter

The Following User Says Thank You to jukey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
i don't like the volume-button-zoom-thing too ^^

especially when watching flash-movies.
i always zoom out although i just wanted to lower volume. xD

Im used to the circular / spiral gesture to zoom in and out.... i didnt know about the volume key -just found out..