Active Topics

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ St.Petersburg, Russia
Yesterday i try to connect N900 with may car kit by new libs. Fails I have Parrot 3000 and i think it's old model use not the pbap protocol. In use with "normal" phone i must to send vcard to carkit for leaning voice recognation. But N900 can't send vcard and say "cannot connect to device". I have the hcidump result after attempt to send vacrd. Can you help me look it and to determine what protocol type is need?

Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
Yesterday i try to connect N900 with may car kit by new libs. Fails I have Parrot 3000 and i think it's old model use not the pbap protocol. In use with "normal" phone i must to send vcard to carkit for leaning voice recognation. But N900 can't send vcard and say "cannot connect to device". I have the hcidump result after attempt to send vacrd. Can you help me look it and to determine what protocol type is need?
Read prior postings in this thread. I have go a parrot MK6000. It wants IRMCsync, which is not implemented in obexd.

Sorry, but thread too long.
In debian exist IRMC. Needed libopensync-plugin-irmc plugin. Is it possible to build packet for fremantle? My expirience is too small for it action

Originally Posted by gLobster View Post
Sorry, but thread too long.
In debian exist IRMC. Needed libopensync-plugin-irmc plugin. Is it possible to build packet for fremantle? My expirience is too small for it action
Some threads are too long, because questions are asked again and again .
The answer to your question is in this thread.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 101 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Netherlands
Drew
maybe you can pull the (lib)obex source packages from maemo in scratchbox. They should contain diff files to add the 'maemo' changes. Maybe you can then aply these to to the newer (lib)obex versions...

Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
Drew
maybe you can pull the (lib)obex source packages from maemo in scratchbox. They should contain diff files to add the 'maemo' changes. Maybe you can then aply these to to the newer (lib)obex versions...
Not needed theese diffs are in
http://meego.gitorious.org/maemo-blu...debian/patches

Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
The answer to your question is in this thread.
Found many question and not found any answer. Is it not possible to add irmc to N900 ? Or nobody not try to compile lib?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Landstuhl, Germany
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
Not needed theese diffs are in
http://meego.gitorious.org/maemo-blu...debian/patches
Actually, those patches are already upstream in the official openobex git repo. I used the debian packaging rules from that site yesterday and it includes the patches. Because dpkg-buildpackage was failing while patching the files, I looked into it and the files already contained the new code. It's also what broke my phone yesterday. If you compile openobex with the debian packaging rules from there, it'll put your phone into a continuous reboot. I recommend against it...

On the other hand, those diffs for obexd are not upstream. So I used them and the packaging rules and it did wonders (I'd be interested to see what effect it has for jarmo). Transfer of the phone book is now almost instantaneous, and the "random" list that showed up in the other directories doesn't happen anymore (those directories stay empty). Also, there is no longer a need to coax the phone into advertising PBAP, it does it on its own now. I've attached it here. Using this obexd package in conjunction with the libopenobex package from my earlier post will get you the results above. Be aware that the pre-packaged openobex will break almost all PC Suite connectivity (however, as I stated before, you can still use the phone as a wired modem).

It would be nice if the guys on the MeeGo gitorious page would upload the entire source they are using rather than just the packaging rules...I'd like to see an openobex that doesn't break PC Suite.

Drew
Attached Files
File Type: deb obexd_0.28-0maemo3_armel.deb (94.3 KB, 96 views)

Last edited by drdrewusaf; 2010-06-30 at 18:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to drdrewusaf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Drew

I updated my phone with your new version. Now obexFTp shows correct rootfolder. With the car pbap works. but only 5 out of 299 contacts are transferred. They are the same as previous version.

Looks like my car kit keeps its own "last dialed" and "missed calls" lists. There are the correct missed and dialed calls from/to car.

What kind of debug information would help?

Jarmo

Originally Posted by drdrewusaf View Post
It would be nice if the guys on the MeeGo gitorious page would upload the entire source they are using rather than just the packaging rules...
Drew
I forgot to mention, that both repositories use tags in order to show which version work together. For obexd the latest release is 0.28. For obexd-packaging it is 0.28-0maemo3.
If you git clone a repository, you get always the "master" (some other SCMs call it "head"). Of course there is no way to guaranty that these work together.
To list all tags use
Code:
git tag -l
To switch to a tagged version use
Code:
git checkout <tag_name>

Last edited by hschmitt; 2010-07-01 at 13:08.