Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
I think the community has developed a ton of stuff since 1.2 was released, and was wondering if this will transfer well to 1.3. Specifically I mean things like modified desktop for desktop+, swappolube, faster kinetic scrolling etc. If the release of 1.2 was anything to go by, there's going to be a number of people who have to flash 1.3 than OTA update, and is it going to cause problems for people who have those things installed? And, equally importantly, are those things backed up in a standard backup? I know the desktop command widget isn't, so what about desktop+ and modified hildon home etc?

what he said!

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 105 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Finland
That we will know if/when 1.3 comes out. Most likely you need to go back to the official Nokia releases of those tweaked packages to be able to update without a full flash.

What about the Titan kernel for OCing?

When 1.2 came out I hadn't done any mods or custom stuff, so i had little to be concerned about.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i think i will have to flash the firmware.
i have so many scripts and moddings installed.
and its always better to flash the firmware on a clean device.
so backup everything and flash the fiasco and emmc

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
i think i will have to flash the firmware.
i have so many scripts and moddings installed.
and its always better to flash the firmware on a clean device.
so backup everything and flash the fiasco and emmc
I fully intend to, but will titan's kernel still work for OCing, and desktop+ with modified hildon-home? etc

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
sry but i have no clue
anyway
i hope titans kernel will run

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
that's why it takes time to realease the code and updates, not only of changes but of as much smooth update as possible. please, people, stop starting not relevant for now threads with rumors and not proved info. there are already enuf threads speculating and discussing pr1.3, post and ask your questions there.

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
that's why it takes time to realease the code and updates, not only of changes but of as much smooth update as possible. please, people, stop starting not relevant for now threads with rumors and not proved info. there are already enuf threads speculating and discussing pr1.3, post and ask your questions there.
This isn't a rumour or unproved info though, it's a general wondering based on what happened with 1.2 because, as i said already, I didn't have such things installed to worry about then. If I post it in the other thread it'll get lost amongst stupid Chuck Norris posts and I fail to see how a specific question about an update is the same as speculation on a release date.

Tags
stop posting, worstthreadever