Active Topics

Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France

Hello guys,

I'm still wondering about two things (I am on update11):
1. I am not able to run Eventsview - is any debug mode which tell me what's wrong? I did all reinstallation...
2. What about unlimited multitasking? Where has the patch disappeared?

Thanks for any hint :-)

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Since the update I cannot load "Launcher combined patches" even after updating it. I tried uninstall and reinstall it from warehouse (and it says that patch cannot be unload, altought patchmanager doesn't show it as loaded).

Any magic command to remove only that patch and reinstall?

Posts: 211 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
Since the update I cannot load "Launcher combined patches" even after updating it. I tried uninstall and reinstall it from warehouse (and it says that patch cannot be unload, altought patchmanager doesn't show it as loaded).

Any magic command to remove only that patch and reinstall?
Hello malkavian.

I am not sure, but I had simiral problem and it was that this launcher combined patch could not be installed, if you have 5x6 grid installed.

Best Regards,
Mikko

The Following User Says Thank You to R1v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
I cannot see a package for 5x6 grid patch in Warehouse. Is part of Advanced patches package?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by malkavian View Post
I cannot see a package for 5x6 grid patch in Warehouse. Is part of Advanced patches package?
Yes. 10 chars

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
I unloaded all patches, removed advanced patches package, restarted services and hurray! I can load launcher combined and all the others Will try later to reinstall advanced patches...

Thanks

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Released couple new patches for Sailfish Calendar and Clock. Others got updated as well to fix couple issues.

Enjoy!! Let me know if you find any issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
After a long deliberation, I have gone ahead and made a patch to Show month and days of the week heading in Calendar.

There were a few reason for hesitating. It was abyzthomas' idea to start with and it was I who suggested to move it to the bottom, which abyzthomas eventually implemented. So I feel a bit guilty. The second reason is that, unfortunately, because they both patch the same file at the same place, my patch conflicts with abyzthomas' Show Day of Week Heading patch. Both can be installed but only one can be active at any given time.

This was my first patch made, tested, RPM built and published entirely on the device. My first patch was also built on the device but with a heavy use of SSH; this one was done entirely autonomously and I can tell you, the tools - especially the editors - available on the Jolla make things like that a real challenge. And this was a really easy case. Unfortunately, due to my lifestyle, if I cannot do it on the device, I cannot do it at all. I may eventually have to bite the bullet and install vim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os