just looking at some user reviews of the N9 on Amazon, people find the telephone incredible and intuitive to use and it makes Iphone and Android seem cumbersome and primitive.

The reviews range from amazing to fantastic, often because of how the OS works, and its great multitasking and ease of use. In addition people like the look and feel of the telephone and OS.

Nokia is really sleepwalking and miserably failing if the N9 is not fully markeded and fully made available in all markets as their flagship and pride.

I dont own the N9 myself and will not get one since it lacks things like hardware keyboard, stylus and microsd slot. I have N900. The N950 on the other hand I would give a LOT for, especially if it came with a stylus and multiboot between Meego and Linux/GNU/Maemo 6 with QT.

Last edited by zeebra; 2012-02-09 at 23:54.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeebra For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by zeebra View Post
just looking at some user reviews of the N9 on Amazon, people find the telephone incredible and intuitive to use and it makes Iphone and Android seem cumbersome and primitive.

The reviews range from amazing to fantastic, often because of how the OS works, and its great multitasking and ease of use. In addition people like the look and feel of the telephone and OS.

Nokia is really sleepwalking and miserably failing if the N9 is not fully markeded and fully made available in all markets as their flagship and pride.

I dont own the N9 myself and will not get one since it lacks things like hardware keyboard, stylus and microsd slot. I have N900. The N950 on the other hand I would give a LOT for, especially if it came with a stylus and multiboot between Meego and Linux/GNU/Maemo 6 with QT.
I won't burst your bubble so you can keep dreaming of the N9 being used as a flagship....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
it is the best Nokia phone on the market. thanks for your consideration btw.

My dream is not the N9, but the N950 v2.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zeebra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,539 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ With my N9
Here's the deal, let's talk flagships... If the Nokia N9 had the best of the best of what Nokia had to offer it would be considered a flagship. Sadly it is not. The N950 would be considered more of a flagship than the Nokia N9.

Nokia mistakenly stumbled upon the idea of a flagship with the Nokia N95, since then it hasn't really been in flagship territory because it has been busy fragmenting all of it's phone's for all users. Instead of an N8, E7, C7, E6, and N9, Nokia should have released the N950 with better internal hardware and a Xenon Flash with Meego-Harmattan and call that their flagship. Now imagine (for the moment we're just day dreaming) that they had put a 1.5 ghz dual core processor with the 1 gb of ram and had numbers that would far outweigh the Iphone. What if instead of 20 different kinds of phones they had just 1, all with hardware keyboard. Are you telling me the N950 with better specs couldn't compete with the Iphone 4s? Heck they could have priced it at $999.99 unlocked and if the specs were better than the Iphone it would have sold. (I'm using the Iphone because it currently dominates the market)

Nokia's biggest problem was instead of doing everything right with 1 product they were busy fragmenting themselves with so many different products that no one could keep up.

@everythingn9

Temporary Inception Fix

Times Banned from TMO: 4

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
honestly nokia is sleeping and theyre unable to wake up atm

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Are you telling me the N950 with better specs couldn't compete with the Iphone 4s?
Yes.

10 chars

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic
Originally Posted by Arie View Post
Here's the deal, let's talk flagships... If the Nokia N9 had the best of the best of what Nokia had to offer it would be considered a flagship. Sadly it is not. The N950 would be considered more of a flagship than the Nokia N9.
Interesting idea. Actually the N950 with the HW keyboard is not the product most of the market at these day wants, so the N9 as the "mass" phone would have been needed anyway, but I agree, that instead of making 20 similar (crappy) phones, they should've concentrate on a 2 - 3 perfect hi-tech products and 2 - 3 budget phones, for the eastern markets. Well, whatever. Go and get a spare N9, till they got 'em

The Following User Says Thank You to Dan_F For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
oh, holly sh*t, now Nokia would read your post and change their mind! Stop spaming, there are thousands same "Nokia should...", "the best for Nokia ..." threds, just post there or write it to your blogs, stop trashing TMO, coz of your stupid posts it's hard to see the good ones.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
The N950 could have been the "business" model, as someone mentioned in another thread, a "communicator" device aimed at managers, executives etc. You know, Nokia's high mark-up market segment that previously bought devices like the E7, E90 or 9500 Communicator. Just add some business software onto it and together with utilizing Linux' security model would have been the perfect model to market to the business segment.

One could even imagine a Nokia branded business ecosystem around these devices. The fact that the OS is mostly open source doesn't mean people can't make money from closed or pay-to-use business software if made and marketed well.

It's a pity Nokia's been bullied into having no "Plan B".

The Following User Says Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post:
the n9 needs the n8's camera, better video playback to even be considered a flagship.

The Following User Says Thank You to unfuccwittable For This Useful Post: