Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Considering the Samsung packs ~2x the CPU and GPU power it's telling more about HW differences than the quality of the Flash player port.
Then comments that the Flash performance is not better on Android than the N900 need to stop. It's simply not true on all accounts.

And I'm not talking about the $99 Android phones either. N900 didn't cost $99 when it came out, now did it?

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Then comments that the Flash performance is not better on Android than the N900 need to stop. It's simply not true on all accounts.

And I'm not talking about the $99 Android phones either. N900 didn't cost $99 when it came out, now did it?
The guy whom you replied to, explicitly said "specifically the Droid which is closest to the N900 in term of specs". The Droid didn't cost 99$ off-contract either. I could also compare the N900 Flash to the HTC Hero and say it runs circles around it, but that wouldn't be fair to Android either, would it ?

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
The guy whom you replied to, explicitly said "specifically the Droid which is closest to the N900 in term of specs". The Droid didn't cost 99$ off-contract either. I could also compare the N900 Flash to the HTC Hero and say it runs circles around it, but that wouldn't be fair to Android either, would it ?
Let's go apples to apples for a moment then. The Droid got Flash Player 10. It works pretty darn nicely. The N900 never officially got FP10. And what it did get, runs reportedly very slow and buggy.

Now, with that said, who brought FP10 to the Droid? Adobe? No. Google? No. Motorola. Yes.

Nokia hasn't done that. And the statements that FP10 is not as good on Android as it is at version 9.4 is quite wrong in so many different ways; and in order to avoid petty semantics or whatever nitpick methods to prove a very minor point utilized by people on this board, I discounted the usage of the $99 Android phones that people point to that didn't get updates past 1.6 or don't have FP10 or don't have a good GPU or CPU as compared to the Droid or my aforementioned Captivate.

So with that said, what is your point? It works on other platforms just fine.

Let's go apples to apples for a moment then. The Droid got Flash Player 10. It works pretty darn nicely. The N900 never officially got FP10. And what it did get, runs reportedly very slow and buggy.
The only other option would be that my best friend (Droid user) must have an out-dated version of Flash 10. I doubt it, considering his technical background. His phone can't be that badly customized either. I have seen Flash on the other Android smartphones (coworker has a Vibrant, best friend's girlfriend has a Captivate) and it works quite well on those devices though.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The only other option would be that my best friend (Droid user) must have an out-dated version of Flash 10. I doubt it, considering his technical background. His phone can't be that badly customized either. I have seen Flash on the other Android smartphones (coworker has a Vibrant, best friend's girlfriend has a Captivate) and it works quite well on those devices though.
So far, my experience on the Droid (original) was that FP10 worked on all but one just fine. The one that wasn't working too well, I trimmed some of the startup services - via AutoStarts - and it was fine after that.

That's a comparison of about... 7 Droids, only one was bad.

His Flash 10 works similar to how the Flash 9.4 worked on the N900 before websites started "requiring" Flash 10 (or whatever works with Tweak Flash). Not sure how his performs on Flash 10 specific content/features compared to the N900's non-function on Flash 10 specific content/features since we didn't try any. Last thing he showed me was watching Hulu via Skyfire. I think that's how he views most heavy flash based content nowadays.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Last edited by Laughing Man; 2010-12-31 at 00:43.

Flash content that requires FP10 would be based around DRM based media served up via Flash Media Server, 3D, bitmap effects (most are FP9 compatible) and many other updates to the FP framework that include stuff built in Flash Builder (Flex 4 SDK) or Flash Catalyst.

Thus... I need FP10. Can't use Flash Tweak since I'm using true libraries that require FP10.

if it aint coming it aint coming.. simples. save your energy & use it for something productive people.

The Following User Says Thank You to philbelfast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by philbelfast View Post
if it aint coming it aint coming.. simples. save your energy & use it for something productive people.
WHOO! Another one. Maybe I should add this to the drinking game?

"Flash isn't/ain't coming! Stop your whining!"
>DRINK!<
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Now, with that said, who brought FP10 to the Droid? Adobe? No. Google? No. Motorola. Yes.
Actually that's a Yes, Yes, Yes. Adobe did most of the work because they wanted to get back at Apple, Google financed development and provided Android expertise and in the end Motorola paid the royalties. Had a single one of those lack motivation, there would be no Flash (just as it failed to materialize anything other than Android), so...

So with that said, what is your point? It works on the other platform just fine.
... fixed it for you. The point was that it is (and will be) a battle for each version of the player, for each OS version, for each device. Flash was dandy on the Maemo in the FP9 days. Flash 10.1 is dandy on (most) current Android devices. Flash 11 will be dandy on who knows what. It's a total lottery, depends on who will have the biggest $$$ case at the moment. Ceterum censeo, the current Flash Player distribution process delendam esse.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Tags
adobe, adobe flash, blahblah, flash, flash 10, flash 10.1, fremantle, future, idiotic thread, maemo, maemo 5, nokia, nokia fails, update