Active Topics

After I updated my n900 to version 20.2010.36-2, I've had a problem viewing photos.
Every time I take a photo, the new photo does not show up in the photo album. The photos are there, I can navigate to them through the file manager, but if I to go through the photo album I cannot see the pictures.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Did you updated OTA? try to re-flash 99% are caused by upgrade, full installation will solve the issue

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

I updated it through Nokia Ovi Suite on my PC. The update notice on my n900 said it has to be done through the Ovi Suite program. Should I try updating OTA?
Thanks

no OTA (over the air) will mess up even more like I said using wiki just reflash it if you dont have too much data

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
ok, I will give that a try. Thank you

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Nu1st Street, Iron Triange, Richmond, CA
Originally Posted by HellFlyer View Post
no OTA (over the air) will mess up even more like I said using wiki just reflash it if you dont have too much data
Hey HellFlyer - I've done some unsuccessful ota upgrades. i think I have broken packages in hildon. can't do any upgrades via xterminal. can i use ovi suite to upgrade the firmware or am I a reflash candidate? thanks a bunch

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ | MAD | MEX | MOW |
to me it sounds like the media tracker not working... i had the same with the music folder... i added some songs that weren't showing up in the player... a reset of the tracker (with tracker cfg) did the trick...

i had this prob when saving to memcard. i posted a prob that i could see the thumbnail on n900 but it would not openfile either on phone or when transferred to pc. in end i jist removed mem card and have not had prob again. not the solution i wanted tho.

Originally Posted by martycollinsesq View Post
Hey HellFlyer - I've done some unsuccessful ota upgrades. i think I have broken packages in hildon. can't do any upgrades via xterminal. can i use ovi suite to upgrade the firmware or am I a reflash candidate? thanks a bunch
Well I'm not sure but you can try However if you wanna do that dont do it with Ovi suite use NSU ( Nokia Software Updater) , I dont know why but ovi's embedded updater always gave me troubles If it fails then flashing is your only option