Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Hey all, I seem to have a problem with a repository, ham shows updates that arnt showing in fam yet they both have the same repos in them. Upon investigation, the two updates not shown in fam are ones from the ovi repo. I tried apt-get and this reports at the end of it:

Code:
W: GPG error: https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY ADB4438160A655EF
W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
This has happened for some months now, anyone know why? I found this similar thread but leads nowhere as to how I can get mine working - Clicky

Now i know I can use ham to update as they are showing there but i'd much rather use fam. TIA guys

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
no need to know why....just disable OVI repository in HAM & FAM then these problem will go away...

The Following User Says Thank You to pusak gaoq For This Useful Post:
+1 what pusak gaoq said. Had the same problem and created a thread similar to yours, was provided the same aid pusak gaoq just gave you and it fixed things for me.
If you click my username, then click "Show All Statistics" and then " Find all threads started by Monkeyman" you'll find "Update errors, or is this the expected result?" which is the near identical post (with a different name).
David

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyman For This Useful Post:
Cheers guys, if I disable the ovi repo then the problem obviously goes away, however I have apps that want to update from there (specifically nvideo & jelly wars) and so I cant update them if I disable it?

Every once in a while disable the Maemo.org repos and enable the Ovi repo and check for updates. Once you've updated (or if no updates exist) disable Ovi again and re-enable the Maemo repos.

Yeah I can do that. Its more of a workaround rather than a fix but i'll do that for now. Getting a little annoyed with it