Active Topics

@d-iivil

Change the second to last value(s).
You'll notice that i broke the trend in the negative values by adding positive values....change those positives.

@StocChr

seems I left an extra line of code in the "lineout" file. I'll fix the problem soon.....

Last edited by SavageD; 2011-03-11 at 00:23. Reason: my keyboard sucks

The Following User Says Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
@d-iivil

Change the second to last value(s).
You'll notice that i broke the trend in the negative values by adding positive values....change those positives.

@StocChr

seems I left an extra line of code in the "lineout" file. I'll fix the problem soon.....
I've noticed the lineout parameter, when exactly is that used? can I get line out audio out of the N900?

Well I've just updated it. Not many changes:

Improved tv out audio a bit.

Fixed up and added more info to documentation.

Fixed the volume prob mentioned earlier.

I noticed a problem with the script so to speak...it seems the n900 has the ability to kill the right side of headphones...so I fixed that issue up...unfortunately this also means lower bass for headphones....the n900's headset would still sound great though since it can handle the bass.

I'm currently looking for a work around on headphone bass.

@DACHIGGA

Yea man there was always lineout audio. The lineout file is used by/for headphones, as well as audio cables.

Last edited by SavageD; 2011-03-11 at 04:27.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SavageD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageD View Post
Well I've just updated it. Not many changes:

Improved tv out audio a bit.

Fixed up and added more info to documentation.

Fixed the volume prob mentioned earlier.

I noticed a problem with the script so to speak...it seems the n900 has the ability to kill the right side of headphones...so I fixed that issue up...unfortunately this also means lower bass for headphones....the n900's headset would still sound great though since it can handle the bass.

I'm currently looking for a work around on headphone bass.

@DACHIGGA

Yea man there was always lineout audio. The lineout file is used by/for headphones, as well as audio cables.
Oh I never knew that, how exactly do I use the line out? I mean I can never get a real "line out" all I ever get is amplified headphone out.

Is there a cable I need or a option to be set to get a real "line out"?

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
are you planing to make it as a wiget??
do i run script every time when i restart the phone?

thanks!

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Reunion Island
Oh my dear god.... I was going to write you about my experience with your patch, since I tested it with my n900 and a sennheiser MM450 (and also my hi-fi system too)... main thing that I wanted to say is that there seems to be a problem : when you reach 2/3 of the volume bar, bass does not increase anymore but the high (sorry dunno the word lol i'm french) part continues to increase...
But as I just read the topic, I saw that you need to fix the headPHONE part but that the headSET part was working well... that's what I just checked ! and WOW it's amazing ! too bad the nokia's headset isn't as good as my beloved sennheiser mm450 ^^
can't wait to test the fixed version =P
keep up the good work

PC :
MSi K9N2 Diamond, AMD Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.2ghz, 2x2GO DDR2 G.Skill Extreme Pi Black PC8500, Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X, Hitachi 1To sata II

The Following User Says Thank You to titi974 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 77 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I have installed the Updated version, but i think the previous which was last modified on 02.03.20111 was better in TV-Out, so i installed the old one
But thank you for the great job, works pretty well, needed to lower the volume for the earpiece..

I love this script

The Following User Says Thank You to JadeH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Hello,

can you tell me how I have to change the config files to lower the maximum loudness for the headphone jack? My in-ear headphones are very loud so I only use the most buttom volume range. With a limited output I could adjust the volume more gradually.

i have a problem, when i use the script, i get a muffled like bass on only my flac files on both my shure headsets (e3c, and se425). but my temp fix is to remove the script, and reinstall the script which fixes it. but when the system itself makes sound (ie: text message, alarm, ringtone, or anything that uses the speakers) and when i try to play a flac file, the bass muffled is back. my flac files are played through mediabox. anyone experience the same thing? other than this issue, i really enjoy the better sound i get from my headphones.

Tags
louder volume