Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by antezz View Post
BTW just had my first opera crash during loading a page.
I've seen three crashes in 30 minutes.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Brilliant is all I have to say. No crashes as previous members have reported and have been running for an hour solid on some intensive sites.
Flash support is a little set back but not a deal breaker.
I love the auto zoom and easy navigation, page renders are smooth and allow for schrolling as soon as page can be seen even if it is not full loaded.
I had to chown user as peviously stated for continued saved profile but works perfect now.
All in all a very impressive and fast browser thanks to the Opera team for taking their spare time to develop for the N series.

EDIT:Forgot to mention using N900 with PR1.1 and stock kernel. No blazing saddle.

Last edited by casper27; 2010-05-11 at 09:35.

Thank you opera labs. A very attractive, responsive, and fluid browser with great portrait support. This has now become my default browser. haven't had a crash yet on my N900.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
is it possible to import the bookmarks from microB?

Originally Posted by ahockersten View Post
There may be some timing issues in the rotation support. We fixed a bug or two related to this during development, but there may be some left. Rotating into landscape and back into portrait may cause it to start working again. It might also help to restart Opera.
that didnt help man. i evn had a restart of the phone but still the problem persists...i hope im clear in stating the problem..so tht its easier for u to give a solution for tht!

can someone please post a simple step by step to grant opera the required permissions for settings to save as i'm crap.at all this xterm stuff

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Lovin it already I'm a long time Opera user so welcome it coming to the N900..

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
Originally Posted by zombiegavins View Post
can someone please post a simple step by step to grant opera the required permissions for settings to save as i'm crap.at all this xterm stuff
You must install "rootsh"

after that just type this in xterm:
Code:
sudo gainroot
and
Code:
chown -R user:users /home/user/.opera

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DonPIZI For This Useful Post:
Awesome, now the circle of browsers is complete on the N900, but opera seems smoothly optimized for the N900 and the portrait keyboard is just great.

The maemo 4 version seems to have a bit more polish than the maemo 5 version. Rotation works great (automatically rotating the whole OS?! madness. For those curious, it does almost the exact same thing sliderotate does), detection of hardware keyboard, and it doesn't pin the CPU when idle (but it has a memory footprint twice that of [maemo 4] microb when just navigating to maemo.org) .

Not as innovative as Fennec, but considerably faster. In my 20 minute test, my one complaint is that google reader doesn't work (ajax?). A modern, usable browser on the n8X0 devices. Tear may be faster, but, at least for the moment, I am swooned by the smoothness of the UI, zooming, scrolling, TABS, so much to love.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notnarb For This Useful Post:

Tags
fast browser, opera